Auto To Manual Swap

tdaily2

Established Member
'87-'93, AOD to T5 conversion. Comes with new H.D. Ram clutch kit, new pilot bearing, resurfaced flywheel, and all other used parts to convert your car from AOD to T5! This kit is complete. this is from www.stangparts.com $1,695.00

BenBrausen

Established Member
Does the computer need to be swapped too? Other then a different crossmember, transmission, clutch, bellhousing, flywheel, and drive shaft, what else is required?

tdaily2

Established Member
with that kit it is all that you need he is a good guy to work with the comp does not need to be changed

slowyellowcobra

one quick bananna
Established Member
I did my swap on my 90 by myself. Changing the pedal assy sucks , but everything else went smooth. You will need to change the harnesss under the dash for reverse lights and nuetral saftey switch, or you can just put a hose clamp on the swith for the auto closing it all the way, but be careful cause car will crank and start in gear!! And the computer doesn't need changed , the car will run just fine.

tdaily2

Established Member
you do not have to change out the wiring under the dash the wires to the saftey cut out are there and the the rev light unpluges from under the carpet and put the new wire in it is not hard

Users who are viewing this thread