Autometer Air/Fuel Gauge

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
I have the Autometer Ultra-Lite A/F gauge (the one with the LED indicator that swoops in a semi-circle) I'm showing major rich at W.O.T. and was going to lean it out a bit via Predator, but wanted to see if this gauge is accurate first...
Does anyone know how accurate these gauges are?
Thanks -Joshua

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
I have heard they are useless...

I went from a 93 Celica to the L btw. I LOVE my L but I miss the Celica, that was a really fun and well put together car. Really great stock stereo too.

Mystic03

Established Member
well ive been told those arnt dead-on accurate as the widebands,my 03cobra shows ritch as well when i WOT is it a constant flow or does it flow slow? in other words does a single led flow back and forth fast or several flow with a slow read?

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
Mystic03 said:
well ive been told those arnt dead-on accurate as the widebands

Dead on accurate? LOL! They are not even close. A autometer wideband will tell you nothing other then if the factory ecu reads too rich or too lean.

That is pretty much worthless when it comes to a vehicle set up for performance. If you want to keep a eye on your tune then get a AEM wideband. Its the nicest/best one for the money in my opinion. Gauge, controller, and sensor in one package. About $260

Anyone running around with a autometer a/f gauge just shows others that he likes pretty lights and not monitoring engine condition.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
www.gadgetseller.com

send your gauge there, $35 and its modified to only read the AF at WOT... thus making it a Narrow band still but it only reads teh upper band giving you an accurate AF ratio....

i love mine!
reads perfect...

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
jspeed you are only partialy correct. bda1855 does the guage you have from auto meter have its own O2 sensor or does it tap into the factory ones?

Users who are viewing this thread