Autometer gauge cluster

web305

Established Member
10005.jpg

Just got this in the mail, but before I put it in I want to paint it charcoal to match it to the rest of the interior. Has anyone here done this or know what paint to use?

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Homebrew did a great comparison on the different ones available - Duplicolor vs. Ford vs. 50resto. Unfortunately, none of them exactly match the original color. But, nothing in the interior matches perfectly anyhow. Just search for his post on here. Good luck.

sonic cobra

Established Member
I had Haldeman Ford paint mine. They did a test patch first and charcoal is not the right color. The correct match is Ford Midnite Black. I'm pretty sure the # is 5090.
I'm in central jersey . If you want to see it for yourself, send me a PM and maybe we can arrange a meet somewhere.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I did mine with the Duplicolor charcoal bumper paint and it came out pretty nice. The bumper paint has the satin finish too, so it looks stock. It's not a dead nuts match for the radio bezel, but they don't touch each other, and no one has picked up the difference yet. I also filled in that area where the defroster button went on the earlier cars. I hated that indent!

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
where can i find these cluster gauge panels ... and that steering column panel??

Users who are viewing this thread