Autometer Gauges....INSTALLATION

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Hey MACA

Ordered some gauges, and just would like help on the install. The instructions look pretty straight forward and all but I am not the greatest at cutting/splicing/soldering wires and whatnot. SO - can someone help me out on the installation process? Thanks in advance.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
if you do them at jasons' this weekend i could come and lend you a hand if jason doesn't mind. there really not that hard it's just fishing the wire around gets tedious (sp)

TRBO VNM

ta2d1 said:
if you do them at jasons' this weekend i could come and lend you a hand if jason doesn't mind. there really not that hard it's just fishing the wire around gets tedious (sp)

perfect, you are more than welcome to come by anytime. Not just for installs and stuff. it gets lonely down here in BFE.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Jason -

I should have just pm'd you from the get go.....Boost/Oil/Fuel gauges and the raptor shift light. But this weekend is bad for me (its my birthday and I wanna get CRUNK!), how's about next saturday?

TRBO VNM

Sailing2Smth said:
Jason -

I should have just pm'd you from the get go.....Boost/Oil/Fuel gauges and the raptor shift light. But this weekend is bad for me (its my birthday and I wanna get CRUNK!), how's about next saturday?

ok, those are all easy. You will need to get a fitting for the fuel gauge. I forget the size. I would also recommend getting a couple other fittings and braided line. I assume you have electric and I would recommend mounting the sending unit towards the firewall to cut down on any vibration from the motor.

do a search in the terminator forum for electric fuel pressure gauge and you should come up with the parts you need to order.

what gauge pod(s) did you get? where are they going to be mounted.

also, I would recommend hitting pep boys and get a couple add a circuits for the mini fuses.

lets see, what else. I think that is it

oh yeah, the following saturday we might be doing the software training, but I won't know better till this weekend.

just search and get those extra materials and then we will set it up.

Last edited:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
ok, those are all easy. You will need to get a fitting for the fuel gauge. I forget the size. I would also recommend getting a couple other fittings and braided line. I assume you have electric and I would recommend mounting the sending unit towards the firewall to cut down on any vibration from the motor.

do a search in the terminator forum for electric fuel pressure gauge and you should come up with the parts you need to order.

what gauge pod(s) did you get? where are they going to be mounted.

also, I would recommend hitting pep boys and get a couple add a circuits for the mini fuses.

lets see, what else. I think that is it

oh yeah, the following saturday we might be doing the software training, but I won't know better till this weekend.

just search and get those extra materials and then we will set it up.

Ok super duper.....I will get all the extra parts that I need, no problem.
And about the pod, do you have any recommendations, I don't want the regular plastic thingy that goes on the drivers side panel....want something different that looks good ya know.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Tony, there are too many disclaimers to mess with that one.

www.speedofsoundllc.com has the best one out there for us. It IS on the A pillar on the drivers side, but the best aftermarket fitament, construction, and CUSTOMER SERVICE.

You can always do the dash cluster one, but I don't know where to get it or who sells it. But that is only 2 gauges. Unless you do the boost overlay and just do the oil & fuel gauges.

Last edited:

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
+1 what he said

Speed of sound

I got my extra parts from JEGS fast shipping good prices look it up the have the AN fitting and the fuel hose

TRBO VNM

pj_rage said:
I might swing by on Sunday, you guys mind?

come on by. we will be trying to knock out the mods in the morning and relax and cookout come lunch time and just chill the rest of the day. heck, if time permits we might be able to go to the track unless they have some special event this weekend.

Tony,

the speed of sound is a very nice pod. I have it and he offers a 10% discount to MACA members. You need a discount code which I have. let me know if you want it. It only is 2 pods. I have the autometer one that replaces the gauge bezel and I sent it to Alan(speed of sound) for him to paint and match the rest of the dash/pillar. So I have 4 gauges, but my A/F isn't hooked up and I will probably find another to put in there. probably a EGT.

anyway, let me know and we will get it done and let me know if there are any other questions.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Another vote for the speedofsound a-pillar pod. I'll be ordering mine soon.

Chris, MIR has a special event Sunday but I'm thinking about going for the TnT on Monday.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
03silvr10thvert said:
Tony, there are too many disclaimers to mess with that one.

www.speedofsoundllc.com has the best one out there for us. It IS on the A pillar on the drivers side, but the best aftermarket fitament, construction, and CUSTOMER SERVICE.

You can always do the dash cluster one, but I don't know where to get it or who sells it. But that is only 2 gauges. Unless you do the boost overlay and just do the oil & fuel gauges.

I looked at that actually, and I may end up getting it if I cannot find anything better. I just don't want the a pillar pod thingy......

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If this helps great!!!... If not ...........sorry
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212228

BTW Speed-of-sound gauge pods = the BEST!!!

aftergaugeinstall.jpg

Jimmy--->Oil & Temp

TRBO VNM

great looking car Jimmy.

Luis, it is test and tune at the track. that is what the track calls it. it isn't a session for jon to tune the car or anything. basically it is for you to test your car and make adjustments and stuff like that. so anyone can go.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Yeah, go with the SOS pod! I went with the Autometer triple pod for fitment reasons (gauges). It looks nice and clean but the install was an extra step with drilling and all.

Users who are viewing this thread