Autotap Arived Today

MidNight Snake

Established Member
I just set it up a little while ago. I was only playing around with it, there is still alot to figure out. Plus its 12 am. For those of you who are wondering what I am talking about Autotap is a code scanner/data logger, that incoparates a lap top. Pretty neat stuff. Well anyway my car has been running like crap for a little while, and I did a quick data logging session to play around. Below is a little snap shot of a play back of what I did. There are literaly hundreds of other parameters I could have used. I made three graphs. The top is RPM for fun, and the other two are O2 sensor outputs. As you can notice one is working and one is not. Looks like I found one of my problems.

autotap.bmp

Last edited:

bchisom99

Established Member
holy Sh$T, tell me more, how much is it? what all can you do with it??, website to visit, I could F around w/ that for days...

does it just hook up to your OBD under the dash...

MidNight Snake

Established Member
lol

Its $180. Yes it hooks up to your OBD-II diognostic port under the dash. It comes with the cable to hook your computer up to the diognostic port and sofware for "generic" sensor readings. You can upgrade for ford or chevy for like another $100 and you get the extended parameter lists. Im going to play around with this first and take it from there. If you want to to know more you can check out there website http://www.autotap.com/

p.s. Everything seems like top quality stuff, just from the look and feel. I was affraid it was going to be some cheap piece of crap, but luckily its not at all.

Last edited:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Autotap is a great program, so I hear. Its really big in the FBody community. Ive always wanted it, but done have a laptop.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
sLOWDOHC said:
Autotap is a great program, so I hear. Its really big in the FBody community. Ive always wanted it, but done have a laptop.

They have tunning software for LS1s that goes along with it. It would be awsome if they released something like that for EEC-Vs.

Users who are viewing this thread