autotap questions

zepfloyd69

who here has used or used autotap, a friend told me about it and was just curious if it is worth the money.

what can and cant be done with it, and how easy to use is it?

i looked on their website at www.autotap.com and saw the basic kit for 200 and the advanced kit is 100 more for a total of 300 if you use your own laptop

just looking for some good information on this product, thanks

SNKBITE

Established Member
My car was data-logged by my Tuner earlier this year. It is a very interesting process as he recorded every function that was taking place in the engine at different intervals, and under different scenarios as we were driving.
Using the information he compiled he was able to tune the car to its present status.
Although we used his equipment, I will be buying my own real soon.
Call Mike or Anita at Troyer Performance 540-862-9515 and they can explain its advantages and set you if.

imswheel

Quality SVT Poster
Established Member
Autotap

I love mine, I bought the windows version and use an old laptop to run / display it.

I converted a pocket pc (PDA) to use as a mini monitor and have a removable mount on the dash. This lets me display any of the usefull "virtual guages". The color on the PDA can be adjusted to match the stock green of the car so it looks cool.

I can cycle between guages just by tapping the screen on the PDA. fuel pres to intake temp to fuel trim (af ratio) to MAF voltage and so on......

I tried to reverse the image on the pda and reflect it off of the windshield and use it as a heads up display but the two layers of glass in the windshield distorted and doulbled the reflection so bad that it did not work.

I do "computer stuff" for a living but you might buy the Palm version and used palm pilot pda cheap and get the most of the same results.

My only complaint is when replaying the data that was logged it runs it faster than real life. I would prefer that it ran at actual speed.

Hope my rambling are helpful!

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread