Autotap Users -

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Autotap users,

Received my autotap today and I'm very pleased. Hooked right up to my Palm Tungsten T2 as well as my Cobra and my wife's Expy.

To the questions - I did a search and read all the previous autotap threads on this forum and a couple others. I also sifted through the Ford Service DVD and couldn't find what I was looking for.

1. There are over 200 parameters that can be monitored by this thing and I can only identify about half. Is there a definitive description anywhere that lists the parameter, what its measuring and what it means? I found a list that breaks down some of the acronyms, but doesn't talk about function. Prime example, what is ACCESS?

2. Those that have had them awhile, how are you guys setting up your displays? Any particularly good parameters for daily driving, 1/4 mile runs, dyno's? I saw one thread on this late last year, but thought that time may have yielded more opinions.

Appreciate any thoughts.
Cheers,
Pete

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Did you put in the VIN? When I connected without the VIN i got a few parameters, but when I typed in my VIN I got a but load.

Soap

Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Did you put in the VIN? When I connected without the VIN i got a few parameters, but when I typed in my VIN I got a but load.

That is true..........

However if he didn't get the Autotap version with enhanced parameters ($100 cheaper) then his 'Tap will only show basic parameters.

--Joe

jonas

Established Member
I got my autotap yesterday
Awsome !!
your right about all the sensors, Ive only adentified 50 or so, the others are all greek to me.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
No I got the enhanced version and I typed in the VINs - There's like 200 and change parameters.

What I'm looking for is definitions of some of the obscure parameters this thing can monitor.

Also, there are probably infinite variations on what you watch real time. Gauge, list, chart, etc.

All in all, cool product! Gotta learn how to maximize its utility...
Cheers,
Pete

lguerra1

Established Member
Pete,
If the AutoTap uses Ford acronyms, then go to the Service DVD that you have and go to the PCED link. That has all of the Ford acronyms and sensors to monitor. It also describes what each of the those sensors are used for by the pcm.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Luis,
You must have ESP - that's where I got some of the difficult one's. But there are some that aren't listed. Like ACCESS for example. Couldn't find it. :shrug:

Pretty cool device though. Now I don't have to bum your computer to clear my DTCs... :)

Cheers,
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread