AutoTap with enhanced Ford parameters for sale! Extras included...

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
I have an AutoTap system for sale that includes the enhanced Ford parameters, along with a 1 meter OBD2 extension cable.

The extension cable allows you to have the actual AutoTap system placed where you want it up to a meter away. This is nice because you dont have to have the actual box plugged in under the dash in the way of your right leg.

There is nothing wrong with the system at all, and it includes the original order reciept and all paperwork. I had to upgrade to the enhanced parameters AFTER I bought it so I will include both activation codes although the original one is only for the generic parameters.

Below are the pictures of the system:

DSC01249.jpg

6853fecb.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

I am looking to get about $225 shipped for it. Remember this includes the enhanced parameters, extension cable, and new USB interface.

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
my02gt said:
So what does this thing actually do? :shrug:

It plugs into your OBD2 port and allows you to monitor, datalog, read and clear trouble codes, and set programmable alerts if a parameter or code comes on or gets out of hand. The latter is the extremely important part because you can monitor every ECU parameter realtime and set alerts if something gets too high or low. For example, if your engine coolant goes above 220 per say, you can program the AutoTap to alert you on your laptop screen and notify you what problems you have, and where they occurred. To my knowledge, this is the only datalogger that has this realtime alert feature.

For more information, check out AutoTap's website:

www.AutoTap.com

If you have any more questions then don't hesitate to ask.

THC

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
so this works on any obd2 ford

and this will work on any good laptop
just plug it in the usb port and install the software?

ill p'm u a price tommorow im interested

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
Fast99Snake said:
so this works on any obd2 ford

That is correct. It can also work on any Chrysler or GM vehicle, but it can only read the generic parameters. It can still clear and troubleshoot error codes on those vehicles also.

Fast99Snake said:
and this will work on any good laptop
just plug it in the usb port and install the software?

Exactly. You actually install the drivers, software, and other essentials first, but the exact process is included in the directions. The laptop needs to have the following at BARE minimum to be able to operate the AutoTap system:

From AutoTap website said:
System Requirements

Recommend Pentium 233Mhz or better (or equivalent AMD processor)
Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP
50 Meg of free hard drive space
32 Meg RAM (64 Meg RAM recommended)
CD-Rom Drive (Only used for installation)
USB Port

Fast99Snake said:
ill p'm u a price tommorow im interested

I will be waiting to hear from you. :beer:

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
optx002 said:
is this the reader only, or the diagnostic tool also?

This is the diagnostic tool also. It can read and troubleshoot error codes, along with monitor and datalog parameters from the ECU. You are also getting the Enhanced Ford Parameters that allow you to monitor specific Ford parameters such as IAT2 that is special to the Cobra. A 1 meter cable is also included so you don't have to have the AutoTap box plugged in under the dash in the way of your leg.

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
cgriff97cobra said:
are you set on $225?

Yes, I am kind of set on $225 shipped.

Reason being is that mjchip sold one a month + one week ago for $200 plus shipping. The thing is, he DID NOT INCLUDE a OBD2 extension cable in the package.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243895

Let's all say that $5 shipping is the norm, so he sold it for $205 without the cable, and the cable brand new from AutoTap costs $29.95. If you do the math, $225 is saving you a little over $10 compared to his setup plus the cable from AutoTap.

I would be willing to sell the package minus the cable for $200 shipped, but I would rather sell it all as one package first. Just a little reminder that the box plugs in right under the drivers side dash and protrudes to the left...right in the way of your right leg (specifically your knee and shin). Go take a look at the OBD2 port under your dash and imagine a 4 inch box sticking out from it, and then you will see why the extension cable is so valuable.

THC

ph363

Established Member
is there an additional package that will allow you to write as well. Id be all over this if I could make/load custom tunes with it.

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
ph363 said:
is there an additional package that will allow you to write as well. Id be all over this if I could make/load custom tunes with it.

From what I know, there is no write/read package for Fords. AutoTap has developed a write/read package for the GM LS1/LS6, but as of now they have no program for us blue oval guys. For now, it is read only, althought it has the ability to clear Check Engine Light and DTC codes.

THC

TheHolyCobra

Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
I think I'll take it if it's still available.

Does this have the Windows Software or the Palm Software or Both?

Kevin

This only has the Windows software, but to be honest with you I would never use the AutoTap on the Palm because people say the Palm doesn't allow you to monitor many parameters because of the slow processing speed. All in all, the Palm limits the capability of the AutoTap.

Bob Cosby said:
I have the Autotap for PDA, which has less capability than the PC version. I can monitor ~12 parameters at once.

Let me know if you would like it.

THC

Users who are viewing this thread