AUTOWEEK'S BLUE DEVIL UPDATE

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Reading what AutoWeek(Dec. 29 issue) has to say about the Blue Devil, it will take many prayers, phonecalls, and letters to make the dream of the Blue Devil a reality:

By AUTOWEEK

Chevy is not confirming the existence of a super-high-performance Corvette called the Blue Devil (AW, Dec. 22), but officials acknowledge it’s possible that engineering and racing development prototypes based on the sixth-generation Corvette do exist and may have picked up the moniker.

And yes, as many AutoWeek readers have suggested, the Blue Devil name was chosen intentionally to catch the attention of General Motors CEO and Duke University Blue Devil alumnus Rick Wagoner.

Chevy officials say they have no production plans for the 600-hp, 7.0-liter V8-powered Blue Devil, despite information obtained by AutoWeek pointing to a 2006 production debut of the $100,000 sports car. The production C6’s worldwide premiere is just days away at the Detroit auto show.

Aaron_01

Banned
Score another one to GM! Theyre great with creating excellent concept cars and then scrapping the plans. They ahve gone down hill since the death of the F-Body

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Just like I said I'll believe it when I see it. Oh sounds like it isn't going to happen go figure. I agree bring back the camaro we need more rwd muscle cars out there!

Users who are viewing this thread