black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
She's almost ready!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450472511.756234.jpg

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You guys will be able to read all about it here as it's an exclusive article being done by SVTPerformance!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Is the MO to take it take the stock longblock limit and if she blows to rebuild and go even harder?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Held up to 9250rpms for a full second during the pass when the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. We definitely got built on a Wednesday. Lol

736833_10206941951441528_1682752553217594063_o_zpseykuy3ev.jpg

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Was the pedal sticking somehow operator error or simply Ford's wonderful design?

My guess would be the rods, and I think Tob has nailed it.

The rods became quite the discussion at the 5.2 Powertrain Reveal. Adam Christian was adamant :))) that the rods this engine uses are indeed traditional drop forgings and not powdered as all other modular engines use/used. At the very least one would think a piston/compression change would be in order and if that's the case a good opportunity to upgrade the rods regardless.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Well, the ECU obviously isn't tapped out at 8200 like with the Coyote. That's awesome.

Or was it a mechanical over rev?

Voltwings

Established Member
Well, i'll happily be the first to admit i was wrong about this motor and boost pending on how this turns out. I still stand by my previous statements until thoroughly proven otherwise though... Very interested to see how this plays out.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
As much as I am a firm believer this car should really remain N/A, atleast the group adding the whipple will have it well documented and not just say it goes. :beer: Looking forward to results.

Also in regards to CR, are you going to bleed some of it off with valve timing or just run very high octane fuel?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Was the pedal sticking somehow operator error or simply Ford's wonderful design?

The rods became quite the discussion at the 5.2 Powertrain Reveal. Adam Christian was adamant :))) that the rods this engine uses are indeed traditional drop forgings and not powdered as all other modular engines use/used. At the very least one would think a piston/compression change would be in order and if that's the case a good opportunity to upgrade the rods regardless.

Good ole spring assist on the pedal was the cause of it. Pulled the spring and made one more pass but the clutch was already toast.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'd love to see the friction surfaces of the clutch that bit the dust. I think you guys would be the first to thrash and trash one.

bpmurr

Established Member
Good ole spring assist on the pedal was the cause of it. Pulled the spring and made one more pass but the clutch was already toast.

I have no idea why they keep offering the junk assist spring. Just increases the chance of a toasted clutch.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm very interested how far the stock guts will go. Especially seeing as Hennessey drops compression and changes rods to get 800hp... I mean... A regular 5.0 GT can do that on stock guts...

Users who are viewing this thread