Avoiding Reposts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
I've been noticing a lot of reposts lately. As well all know, then has been an issue since the Ken Block era. So, how bout people label a video that they are posting the same name as the original content? For example, "Guy gets hit with ice cream truck". If you're gonna post up the vid, label it the same thing instead of "Darwin at work" or something witty.
It would certainly:
Clean up the pics and vids
Avoid people b*tching about reposts
Be easier to determine if the vid as already been posted by using the search feature

Anyway, just my opinion.

s_x_i

Established Member
I've been noticing a lot of reposts lately. As well all know, then has been an issue since the Ken Block era. So, how bout people label a video that they are posting the same name as the original content? For example, "Guy gets hit with ice cream truck". If you're gonna post up the vid, label it the same thing instead of "Darwin at work" or something witty.
It would certainly:
Clean up the pics and vids
Avoid people b*tching about reposts
Be easier to determine if the vid as already been posted by using the search feature

Anyway, just my opinion.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Search function has omitted the 'repost' word because it is a common word.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
"Re-posts" are not re-posts for everyone.

True but sometimes it gets out of hand with 5 or more threads about the same thing and they are all titled differently. All I'm saying is that people should consider it and maybe it'll help to avoid repetition. JMO

True but sometimes it gets out of hand with 5 or more threads about the same thing and they are all titled differently. All I'm saying is that people should consider it and maybe it'll help to avoid repetition. JMO

I definitely agree with the "multiple threads re-post" problem. :beer:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
when things are reposted...is it really a big issue if something is a repost? does it really bother someone so bad to see something more than once enough to spend energy telling us you have already seen it.

i would rather see a good reppost....than someone bitching about a repost.

JasonSnake

Established Member
when things are reposted...is it really a big issue if something is a repost? does it really bother someone so bad to see something more than once enough to spend energy telling us you have already seen it.

The time you've just spent writing this, you could have viewed at least 2 good reposts

Sonic_GT

Established Member

Its more of a matter of filtering through the stuff thatss already been posted numerous times. As you know, when someone creates a thread the others get bumped down to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th pages etc. It would be easier to avoid a thread if the title was somewhat relevant to what the thread contains. A recent example is the raffle ticket thread. There are some threads that are titled more appropriately than others.
Example.
Probably should have been in pics/vids but hey title kinda indicates what the thread is about
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...cket-watches-buyer-win-car-moments-later.html

Now this. Catchy title but oh wait....
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/718579-god-soo-sad-wowwww.html

Not only that but the guy starts another thread about the same thing
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/718589-hahaha-sooo-sad.html

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Didjahear? The BOSS is BACK!!!!

[youtube_browser]2KV_1ieY3wI[/youtube_browser]

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
I cannot be the only one that thinks this car is ugly as hell! ^^^^

It's not really my cup of tea...but, I understand the appeal for a lot of folks. I find the styling took direct cues from....

gt3rs07_10.jpg

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
hit the report button. 'nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread