Awesome Pics of "New 05 Mustang Concept"Coupe Version

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I think that they should take into account more cues from the front end of this mustang...

It is nice and futuristic, with some retro cues...

Retro cues are nice... but not retro styling. When you use retro styling, its almost like you are running out of ideas and you have to steal them from the older design.

And? are the fox-bodies popular enough to get come cues from them? 5.0 emblems? ground-effects for the GT/cobra?

Black93Cobra

Established Member
I do like the styling of the coupe and hope most of what the concept proposes makes it to the production line. I don't think the 20" wheels or the racing seats will make it and I'm not a big fan of the glass roof, I prefer steel over my head! The rear end treatment needs attention, especially the tail lights. Overall, a move in the right direction, modern yet still retains the rich heritage of the Mustang. I don't really like the 'vert, the roll bar needs to go although I'm sure it is some attempt to be "politically correct" even with the disclaimer "not intended for rollover protection". I especially love the 400 hp so at least Ford is giving enthusiasts something under the hood. With the improved chassis, the new 'stang should be a very sweet driving car. I know not everyone will like the new Mustang but hey guys (and girls) it could be worse, Chevy fans can only buy a used Camaro! :D

Cat Breath

Established Member
I like it. Almost looks like the 68 Shelbys with it's big grill and dual hood scoops. Anyone else notice the resemblance?

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
I think that as far as the exterior goes... ford hit the nail on the head with the coupe (vert is crap tho). And the interior needs work. some color and black leather would be good but the concepts have to much color on the inside.

now thats my opinion and everyone might not agree with me, but one thing that i think everyone will agree with me on is that im hoping they will put the shifter in a more user friendly location

:p

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Originally posted by Cat Breath
I like it. Almost looks like the 68 Shelbys with it's big grill and dual hood scoops. Anyone else notice the resemblance?

I did, the silver coupe reminds me of the Shelby GT 500. I like the coupe alot, I dont care much for the vert. The interior is hideous though, its far to retro. The exterior is beautiful but the interior is just wrong. It doesnt look nice, and it hurts the eyes to look at. If they redesign the interior it will be a big hit. The coupe looks kick ass in silver though!!!

Stang"X"

Established Member
The exterior of the coupe is great. That color really works with it too! The vert needs some work though. The interior definitely needs work. The 6 speed manual and 5 speed auto is nice too. The 400hp doesn't hurt either. If Ford keeps the production '05 anything close to the concept coupe's styling, I want one.(Anyone have a low to no interest loan for me? LOL)
This being a concept I realize the production Mustang would be somewhat different . 4 seats , not 2( although a rear seat delete option would be nice). My guess , no 20" wheels or glass roof.
All in all, I hope Ford goes with something similar to this concept.
Anyone have a clue if Ford would go with the 400hp(estimated) for the GT and shoot higher for the Cobra or figure the 400hp for the Cobra?
I don't see any resemblance to the Eclipse, Sorry! If anything my 98 GT looks more like a Japanese cars styling than any newer Stang.

BTW.....How 'bout that 500hp Lightening !?!! RRRRRRR:burnout:
Also. someone on a different site left this taillight comparison to check out. What do U think? (Too big, I'll have to find a link to it.Sorry!)

Last edited:

Stang"X"

Established Member
'05 coupe taillight comparison.....

DAMN ! Now I can't find where I got the taillight pix from ! I'll try to start a new thread for a poll. Maybe then I can attach the pic.

Sorry Pic too big ! Can't attach it. I'll see what else I can do ..

Last edited:

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Originally posted by Stang"X"
This being a concept I realize the production Mustang would be somewhat different . 4 seats , not 2( although a rear seat delete option would be nice). My guess , no 20" wheels or glass roof.

I actually like having the 2 seater idea. It looks nice and then you can have a fullsize spare back there, plus some room for subs if you wish. It also lightens the load whichis a plus. I think the glass roof is pretty cool but maybe body color inbetween the T's. i do like the T-Top!!! That color on the coupe is awesome, the vert is horrible. I think the 20's could stay if a. The wheels were nicer and b. the brakes are large enough

Users who are viewing this thread