Awesome Pics of "New 05 Mustang Concept"Coupe Version

03rocks

Established Member
Thats a great collections of pics.

I'm all for the new body style. It perpetuates the roots of the mustang but moves it and us forward with our hobby.

I'm totally stoked about setting that new chassis out in a 4 wheel drift. I figure the combination of our current horsepower with a great chassis will be a real kick on the open track.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Boy, talk about a drastic change! I like the looks, but I bet 90% of that neat interior will go bye-bye, particularly all of the aluminum pieces. I like the guages, seats, and 4-point harnesses, but the rest of the interior looks good but looks like a bitch to live with. All together, though, it looks REAL upscale for a 20K car. Doubt the production version will be as nice. BTW, anyone else notice the boost guage? :)

ntechnic

Established Member
Man, am I glad I got the '03. I owned a '65 a '68 and a '69. Also of course one '89 (didn't like it and sold it) and my '95 GT convertible. When the SN95 came out, I went "Wow! Perfect, got to have it!"

This is too retro for me. Where did creativity go these days? The first Fox body looked nothing like any Mustang before it, and was obviously a huge hit. The SN95 had only the vaguest of styling hints from the first gen Mustang, and still stood on a look all of its own. This is too much of a strain to look retro. My experience with retro is that it gets old quickly, once the novelty wears off.

My wife and I have bought seven new Fords or Lincolns in the last 13 years. And both of us had the same “Eww!” reaction to these photos. The convertible is especially bad, it just looks like a slight skin change and rebadge of the new T-bird. It’s like STAMP, it’s a boring Lincoln LS (don’t even get me started on this subject, suffice it to say it was so bad it drove us to buy a Cadillac). STAMP it’s a T-bird. STAMP it’s a Mustang.

Shame too, the chassis platform holds so much promise.

satx

Banned
all I can say is OMFG!!!! beautiful!!.....too retro? looks pretty modern to me. I think that all cars should have styling cues from previous models....I'm diggin the scoops behind the windows. Ford builds that and it will be in my garage!

satx

Banned
Originally posted by ntechnic
Man, am I glad I got the '03. I owned a '65 a '68 and a '69. Also of course one '89 (didn't like it and sold it) and my '95 GT convertible. When the SN95 came out, I went "Wow! Perfect, got to have it!"

This is too retro for me. Where did creativity go these days? The first Fox body looked nothing like any Mustang before it, and was obviously a huge hit. The SN95 had only the vaguest of styling hints from the first gen Mustang, and still stood on a look all of its own. This is too much of a strain to look retro. My experience with retro is that it gets old quickly, once the novelty wears off.

My wife and I have bought seven new Fords or Lincolns in the last 13 years. And both of us had the same “Eww!” reaction to these photos. The convertible is especially bad, it just looks like a slight skin change and rebadge of the new T-bird. It’s like STAMP, it’s a boring Lincoln LS (don’t even get me started on this subject, suffice it to say it was so bad it drove us to buy a Cadillac). STAMP it’s a T-bird. STAMP it’s a Mustang.

obviously you are entitled to your opinion but, I had 2 comments.

when the fox came out it was replacing the mustang II.

and

do you honestly think that looks like the T-bird? The t-bird is an old man's car....that mustang looks aggresive as hell! The t-birds rear sits real low...the stang sit back on it's haunches.....not even close to similiar. If your refering to the "retroness" being "like" the t-birds "retroness" I could sorta see where you where coming from (it's still a stretch). In reality the only thing retro about the car is a couple of modernized items such as the round headlights....those are there so you know what kind of car it is. Overall I think ford wanted a cutting edge car that was instantly recognizable as a mustang and as stated earlier, "they nailed it".

randy

Established Member
As long as they redesign the interior it will be great...I a particularly like the rear.....Interior must go..

rtking

Established Member
Wow! I didn't like the pics of the convertible I saw (the red one.) And I thought, "Man, I hate this retro look."

BUT... looking at the coupe and I'm in awe! I love the way the coupe looks! If they paint it in Mineral Grey, then I think I'll be putting my name on the dotted line for that! (A perfect start for my "Eleanor" clone!)

Bob K.

MUSTANGKL

Established Member
They hit the bulls eye

:) Ford is making it so hard to decide on a new vehicle , you got the fastest mustang yet the 03 COBRA, the good looking 03 Mach 1, the 04 LIGHTNING that makes all the other trucks obsolete, and now the 05 Mustang,which I think has to be one of best looking Mustangs yet. First year It will probadly be hard to get one unless you order one! Modern and you will not mistake for a Honda !

Will's97

Established Member
I like everything except the loss of the back seats. I know they are now, not very user friendly but they still fit a couple of small children when Daddy wants to take the fast car out to dinner. :beer:

Poison_S

Established Member
05 Mustang Concept

It does seem to me that Ford is going overboard with reviving the past with all this retro styling.

For examples: Ford Thunderbird, Ford GT and now the Ford Mustang.

Don't get me wrong though, I really like this new Mustang. Heck, I may even buy one. However, I hope they do a better job jazzing up the interior with better-quality components and workmanship with the production stang like they did with this concept.

IMO, much of the reason why the current Mustang feels so cheap compared to other cars in its pricing category is because of the low-quality interior plastics and poor edge-fitments.

Great set of photos, thanks!:D

95Proof

Established Member
I love the coupe, but dislike the vert. The exterior looks great front, back and sides. I really hope they revise the interior though, except the boost gauge - I don't care what it looks like as long as it is there!

I will buy one as long as they don't decide to charge $45k for it. Although I am sure if sticker is $35K the dealers will all add on $10k to $15K "market adjustment".

Users who are viewing this thread