Awesome Video Break-Down of the Ford Racing Half-Shafts

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I'd like to see how they match up to Dss 1400 ft lbs of torque half shafts! When i get my 2016 gt , half shafts will be my 1st upgrade!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There's a substantial weight gain that comes with the FRPP shafts but that's the price you pay for thicker slices of beef.

Travis, I wish Jesse/FRPP would do more of these "mini-breakdowns." It would only help FRPP.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's a substantial weight gain that comes with the FRPP shafts but that's the price you pay for thicker slices of beef.

Travis, I wish Jesse/FRPP would do more of these "mini-breakdowns." It would only help FRPP.

I'm sure if it were up to Jesse FRPP would do much more than it does currently.

14ksstang

Established Member
I just left gforce. Went up to hang out with them for the afternoon. These are actually stronger then dss half shafts. Basically dss just takes a standard Porsche cv and splines them to 30 spline compared to the standard 28. Gforce actually machines theirs in house with better materials. They are also 31 spline compared to dss 30 spline. Not a huge difference but I'll bet dss will go to it eventually.

Anthony K

Established Member
I just left gforce. Went up to hang out with them for the afternoon. These are actually stronger then dss half shafts. Basically dss just takes a standard Porsche cv and splines them to 30 spline compared to the standard 28. Gforce actually machines theirs in house with better materials. They are also 31 spline compared to dss 30 spline. Not a huge difference but I'll bet dss will go to it eventually.

What testing did YOU do to make a statement that gforce is stronger than dss?

Dss told you they use Porsche cv's?

Better materials based on what?

I say that gforce is made in China.

When you was at gforce, did you ask why they didn't use locktite on the first run of shafts? Seems pretty simple.
Or why there are a few runs of gforce shafts you should avoid? That info comes from Watson racing. Basically don't buy a gforce set of axles that were made before June 15.

Dss has had none of these problems.

There's more info available. I'm just not going to show my whole hand yet.

Fast Willy

Established Member
I am really curious to see test results with these vs the dss 1400 shafts. My main reason for the curiosity is I only want to do the install once and if I could add these into my financing with the purchase of the car that would be an even better option for me along with the irs bushings

Jeffy_2010

Established Member
I've talked to gforce about these shafts and I have some myself installed on my pp gt. They are the same shafts as their level 5 outlaws rated for 1500hp in which they have never had one fail (according to them). My biggest thing is they have a lifetime no questions asked warranty for original owner of course

Users who are viewing this thread