Axle-back Advice

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I installed an off road h-pipe with magnaflow hi flow metallic substrate cats. I had Outlaws on the Shelby at the time. The cats made the exhaust extremely loud! So I have tried MBPR and the a Roush axle-back, with no luck! The Roush was just as raspy and obnoxious as the Outlaws. So I installed the stock mufflers to tone it down a little. These sound ok, but I like a little more growl. What I am seeking is a deep, throaty tone with no rasp. I don't like the glass pack sound. Any suggestions? I am thinking maybe a chambered? Thanks SVTP family!

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I have headers, w/cats , H-Pipe so I cannot comment on what it may sound like w/o Cats.

What I do know is I LOVE my new Corsa Sport mufflers ! They are straight thru design with chambers that sound very much like stock down low, no drone whatsoever on the highway, not prone to getting louder with time, not loud at all while cruising yet they " open up" at heavy throttle or WOT as the chambers fill instantly .

Attachments

• Corsa Sport Cutout.jpg
    Corsa Sport Cutout.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

ryan319

Established Member
Corsa or Magnaflow. Chambered mufflers will drone at highway speeds.

I have Magnaflow straight through mufflers in polished stainless and they are tame under light throttle but sound great under heavy throttle. I hear good things about Corsa but they are more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread