axles

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
does anyone make a stronger direct bolt in axle for our rear end? summit doesnt seem to clear on the issue

dannyboy76

Established Member
and they are the correct length? what is the length of a cobra axle? im going to be pushing a considerable amount of power thru my car so i want to adress weak points before they are a problem

SVT1993

Established Member
Moser is great to deal with - IMO. $239.00 for axles with wheel studs. They knew exactly which axles I needed.

PJM99

Established Member
Would you guys reccomend stronger axles if you're swapping gears to, oh I dunno, lets say 3.73's? Just curious, I heard rumors that our stock axles may be weak! My car has only the mods below so its pretty much stock.

racerbox77

Established Member
I have 31 spline axles in my car that are a direct fit for the 93 Cobra. They have only been used for about 5000 miles. They are going up for sale soon. PM me if interested.

buddha93

Established Member
PMJ99, unless your running slicks or a DR at the track, don't worry about it. That's when they tend to snap and send a wheel/axle combination out the side of the car. Chances are, your spinning the crap out of your radials on the street, lessening the stress on the stock stuff.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
From my experience, the tranny blows before the axles.

My OEM axles have 250 drag passes and 180k miles. 2/3's of my drag strip passes were on slicks with 560rwtq launching at 4k rpm and higher.

However the t-5 has been through numerous builds :-D

dannyboy76

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
From my experience, the tranny blows before the axles.

My OEM axles have 250 drag passes and 180k miles. 2/3's of my drag strip passes were on slicks with 560rwtq launching at 4k rpm and higher.

However the t-5 has been through numerous builds :-D
what have you done to the trans to "beef" it up? also how does it break? shaft, gears?.. all these things i have to look forward to.:rockon:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
OEM tranny I stripped the teeth off the input shaft and cluster gear. After that I swapped over to the t-5z. Over the last 3 years, I have busted 3rd gear and countershaft at least 4 times in the t-5z

dannyboy76

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
nope. Lack of that much money at one time :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: sounds like my house..... im thinking of doing a hardend gear set and shaft in mine... id kinda like to keep the t5 for some reason or another

Users who are viewing this thread