B head porting

freebird50

Established Member
Does anyone know who does cnc porting for B heads anymore? I talked to Livernoise they only do Terminator heads and I also talked to this other place Janderson and they don't do B heads either. Been online looking and can't find anyone mainstream who does. I guess Fox lake closed down too. I'd switch to terminator heads if I had more cash to burn but would like to work with what I have and keep it simple. Thanks.

robvas

Established Member
Spend the $ on cams and a stock intake modified to short runners

It seemed like the Livernois ported B heads were never that well accepted, and with all the stories people report about them lately having heads full of machining debris etc you're probably better off.

freebird50

Established Member
Spend the $ on cams and a stock intake modified to short runners

It seemed like the Livernois ported B heads were never that well accepted, and with all the stories people report about them lately having heads full of machining debris etc you're probably better off.
That's some good info thanks. I always thought Livernoise was supposed to be high quality but guess not.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Image1712941287.669270.jpg

This was from 2011 call and ask on the price

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
IMO just hand port polish your heads yourself, with a few know-how tips anyone can do it so long as you're taking your time, the bowls you can just blend and send it

Don't these heads flow up to like 800hp already? Cams and diff gears are what wake these cars up, the factory ones are tiny and so is the displacement obviously

I'd bet a step up in cams(nothing choppy) and basic port/polishing would get someone close to 400rwhp naturally aspirated in the powerband peak

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'd switch to terminator heads if I had more cash to burn but would like to work with what I have and keep it simple. Thanks.

Where are you located? I have a pair of AG cast C heads off a 03 Marauder I'd sell cheap as I don't need them. Came off a running and driving car.

freebird50

Established Member
Where are you located? I have a pair of AG cast C heads off a 03 Marauder I'd sell cheap as I don't need them. Came off a running and driving car.
I'd really like to work with what I have would just be way easier for me. But thanks.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'd really like to work with what I have would just be way easier for me. But thanks.

well in that case you could ask L&M if they will still port B heads

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Unless you’re building a max effort 1100+rwhp stock heads flow just fine. Just needs cams.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
The ports on b heads are already way oversized from the get-go, which is why they flow slower air below 5k and people love/need the gear so bad with them. Like mentioned, money is better spent elsewhere unless you're shooting for the moon and capable of doing it yourself without fn it up.

Users who are viewing this thread