B headed motors and N2O

lightemupnj

Established Member
I'm trying to plan out what motor will be going in my 98GT that I'm currently parting out to a bare frame and body to start an X275 project. I was dead set on a BBC on 1 kit but recently be contemplating buying my dads 97 cobra and parting it out but keeping the heads, teskid block, and crank. From what I've read the block and crank have been used in applications up to 1500hp. I know the B heads arent nearly as good as the 04 heads but I have access to them and if it can save me some money and it can make the hp I need its worth it. My plans would be Teskid, Stock crank, of course nice rod and piston (it least 13:1 prob shoot for 14:1), sullivan intake with carb, 2 stages on it as well. I would need to make 600fwhp NA since I would intend to hit it with (2) 300 hits to make the 1200 I need to be competitive. Is this doable with the B head? If not I'll scrap it and go back to the 565 on 1 kit that I know can be done no problem.

mustangsvt281

Established Member
so you want 600 to the wheels with a 96-98 cobra motor? im going to say no, unless you are wanting to spend a ton of money and even then you may only get to 500rwhp with the cobra motor stroked.bored. etc etc etc etc etc

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You won't get 600fwhp n/a with 281 cubic inches, you'll need a big bore/stroker to get anywhere close to that. Also, the sullivan intake will not fit B heads and there isn't a B head intake out there for under $3k that suits your needs.

There's no substitute for cubic inches, go 5.4 or big block.

lightemupnj

Established Member
Ya I was just checking since I could have this motor for free, back to original plans of 565BBC. Thanks for the input guys.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
buy a chevy car or put a real ford motor in it, like a 427 small block that would waste that boat anchor. or like said before just add boost to that 281- no more inconsistent nitrous runs.

Users who are viewing this thread