Ba xr8 XRQTOR'd

XRQTOR

Banned
Hi fella's, thought i'd throw up some pics of my pride and joy. 2oo4 (12th month) Ba xr8 35o hp 5.4L (DOHC).

th_Picture022.jpg

th_Picture020.jpg

th_Picture021.jpg

th_Picture019.jpg

th_Picture018.jpg

th_Picture017.jpg

th_Picture015.jpg

th_Picture014.jpg

th_Picture013.jpg

th_Picture012.jpg

th_Picture011.jpg

th_Picture010.jpg

th_Picture009.jpg

th_Picture008.jpg

th_Picture007.jpg

th_Picture006.jpg

th_Picture004.jpg

th_Picture003.jpg

th_Picture002.jpg

th_Picture001.jpg

qkslvr221

Established Member
Nice lookin ride, color really sets the car off IMO, gotta love that 5.4! What kind of numbers are we talkin here?

XRQTOR

Banned
qkslvr221 said:
Nice lookin ride, color really sets the car off IMO, gotta love that 5.4! What kind of numbers are we talkin here?
It's got 260kw which is 35ohp at the crank, when i put it on a dyno im hopeing to see 21oish rwkw (28orwhp) stock. I had a few plans and spoke with a engine builder who pushed 317rwkw (42orwhp) from a slighlty up spec model with a very very mild set of cams and bolt on's. Biggest thing till the last month was not having the ability to play with the factory ecu, now we have an edit and big things are possible. Cams were a no go as the base idol couldn't be lifted to run large cams but thats fixed now so we expect big numbers from them.

The upspec model is a GT which has 390hp stock. They are the same engine but the GT has higher c/p and the heads are machined a bit different and the cams sit in a slightly different location so they can run different valves. But with a bit of headwork they can both be the same.

But for the money i was looking at spending going n/a and chasing 45orwhp i'd be much better off going f/i and going after 6oorwhp which is limited to the stock internals.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
XRQTOR said:
But for the money i was looking at spending going n/a and chasing 45orwhp i'd be much better off going f/i and going after 6oorwhp which is limited to the stock internals.

is it all aluminum?
RWD?
Looks like the new goat from behind. any 1/4 times?

Fried_Ride

Slow ass 4 banger
Established Member
TomBoJangles said:
wtf is f/i?
is it all aluminum?
RWD?
f/i= Forced Induction
I think its the same as a L engine minus the Eaton.
Yes, RWD

rmgtc01

Established Member
XRQTOR said:
Hi fella's, thought i'd throw up some pics of my pride and joy. 2oo4 (12th month) Ba xr8 35o hp 5.4L (DOHC).

Aussies are cool!! :banana: beautiful country too!
The chics there are hot, and the accents are sexy. Besides the chics really dig american guys. :coolman: Go on a surfing tour run by chics. :rolling:

XRQTOR

Banned
TomBoJangles said:
is it all aluminum?
RWD?

Na we got stuck with the porky iron block.

Not from mine yet, best iv'e heard is a 13.81 but that was from a 5 spd. With the 6 spd i'd expect to knock a few tenths off. The bloke who reccorded that time then went 13.61 with just a cai.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Nice to here about a performance ride thats out of the norm (atleast in the northern hemisphere). Sharp car. :rockon:

XRQTOR

Banned
Fried_Ride said:
f/i= Forced Induction
I think its the same as a L engine minus the Eaton.
Yes, RWD
Yep a company here in au called APS (Air Power Systems) is developing a Twin turbo kit for the mighty Boss engines and it will be production ready by october. They are hopeing for 4oorwkw (54orwhp) with just the kit at around 1oish lb's.

Im saving for a kit now although it's unlikely i can afford one, on the upside if i cant that'll give me a shitload of money to spend on the car going n/a.

Users who are viewing this thread