Baby Seat

texaswrx

Established Member
The passenger will have to be a smaller person, to give more room. My son is almost 7 now, and a booster seat fits, but the wife is short. He has room. I did not try to fit our carseat back there.

blwnmstc

Established Member
they fit fine it just makes it harder to have a pasengers in the front seat when they are facing the rear. Iv been carring my son in my car since he was 4 months.

pohnjarker

Established Member
this is probably a stupid question but can you put the carseat in the middle or would that not be too safe??

the wife made a big deal about the back seat and a car seat...almost didnt get it. luckily i have a crew cab Titan so space is not an issue...if we're all together we'll be in the truck. if i have to take the kid in the stang, there wont be a passenger...

my wife is 5'5" so its ok for her to move the seat up...she dont like it but hell...there aint many things i do that she likes...JK

Last edited:

AmnDucky

Established Member
I have had a rear facing seat in mine. It was a tight fit, I couldn't put my seat all the way back, but it worked. You could always put the seat up front, the airbag will turn off making the front seat no more dangerous than the back seat.

5.0jake

Established Member
Car seat works great for my 2 year old in the back seat. My wife completely approves. He climbs in himself and I bolt him in. Plenty of room unless you have a tall passenger in the front seat. I'd even put 2 car seats back there.
I'll take a picture later if I can remember.

Last edited:

Erick

Established Member
My daughter is still in a rear facing seat. Is it safe to assume the from facing seats take up less room?

Also, those with a front facing seat, do you need to move the seat bottom forward everytime to put the child in?

I ordered the comfort package which could make things more difficult with a passenger power seat.

5.0jake

Established Member
My daughter is still in a rear facing seat. Is it safe to assume the from facing seats take up less room?

Also, those with a front facing seat, do you need to move the seat bottom forward everytime to put the child in?

I ordered the comfort package which could make things more difficult with a passenger power seat.

You don't need to move the seat bottom forward everytime to put the child in unless it's pushed all the way back for some reason. My brother, who is 6 feet tall just road in my car this morning with my kid in the back and everyone was comfortable. :rockon:

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Seriously? For your child's sake, feel free to use google. I'm not going to hijack the thread.

AmnDucky

Established Member
Seriously? For your child's sake, feel free to use google. I'm not going to hijack the thread.

We're talking about car seats in a thread about car seats. Not a hijack.

NEVER place a rear-facing seat in the front seat if there is a passenger-side air bag.
http://www.carseatsite.com/installing_your_car_seat.htm

The reason that a baby cannot ride in the front is because of the airbags. If the airbag is turned off they can ride in the front.
Can I put the rear facing car seat in the front seat if airbag is turned off??? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

Never place a rear-facing car safety seat in the front seat of a vehicle that has an active front passenger air bag. If the air bag inflates, it will hit the back of the car safety seat, right where your baby’s head is, and could cause serious injury or death.
HealthyChildren.org - Car Safety Seats: Information for Families for 2010

Go look at the airbag warning label in your car, it's a picture of an airbag hitting the car seat. I am no scientician, but if there is no airbag, then the forces applied to the child in an accident are identical in the front seat as in the rear seat. Now, once again, feel free to show me how a child is at a greater risk in the front seat if the airbag is deactivated. I've shown evidence, now it's your turn to back up your statements implying I will kill my children.

Users who are viewing this thread