Back Firing

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Hey everyone,

For some reason my car is starting to back fire more now then it used to not sure if its bc it sits for a few days but it usually back fires when i take my foot off the gas pedal. Not sure why it would back fire but heard its something with compression not sure if thats correct? How can i make this stop?

Exhaust set up:
Borla S type
Lethal off road Hpipe
Lethal over axle pipes
AED Tune.

Laztug

Established Member
Hey everyone,

For some reason my car is starting to back fire more now then it used to not sure if its bc it sits for a few days but it usually back fires when i take my foot off the gas pedal. Not sure why it would back fire but heard its something with compression not sure if thats correct? How can i make this stop?

Exhaust set up:
Borla S type
Lethal off road Hpipe
Lethal over axle pipes
AED Tune.

That small cough is to worry about, my 5.0 does the same thing.
Does it happen when its under a load and you get off of the gas pedal quick?

CW1343

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about it. My 5.0 does the same with the Ford Racing Boss 302 Mid Pipe and Flowmaster Outlaw axleback.

GrnBullitt08

Established Member
It's your AED tune. Shaun's tunes pop a lot of decel, my friends 5.0 does it very often. On decel, between shifts, etc.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The over axles paired with the o/r pipe (esp X) is gonna cause more of that pop during decel.. Ever since I installed my 3" mbrp pipes the car was more of a tendency to do it.. If I choose ota pipes without resonators, it woud be popping a good bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread