Back from the track but could use input

Adam99SVT

Established Member
Hello all just got back from Gainesville speedway and was terribly disappointed. My truck isn’t running but a 14.245 :shrug: with a 2.1 60' and a .057 reaction @ 95.88mph (with a passenger). I have a ported Eaton silencer holes filled and a bolt on filter, no cats, and a ported plentium. Everything else is stock though no tune etc. I left it in drive but I fill that it should be doing much much better than this. I’m about broke so I don’t have much money to spend but I wanted to get some input on why everyone feels that the times are so bad. Do I need to get a tune to get the potential out of the port job? Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
Adam

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
I have seen a few 99 and 00 lightnings run that time. Dont they run 14.0 flat stock for those years? Did it spin a lot because i use to have a 2000 celica gts that i ran 14.6 at 96 mph with a 2.1 60'......something sounds a miss on your ride is your check engine light on with out any cats because by what you say you dont have a tuner so maybe it is in a safe mode?

Adam99SVT

Established Member
My engine light wasn't on till I left the track, because of no cat im sure. It is still boosting off the stock gauge so I though it was running rite. I didnt spin at all at least to my knowledge, I left the line @ about 1500 rpms. I am banging my head on the wall now I thought for sure that it should have run better than that.

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
You live in florida so if it was real humid and aboue 80 degrees that may have taken off a few tenths. Honestly if you want to get in the 12's i personaly bought the lfp kit with #6 pulley ngk tr6 plugs sct tuner thermostat and a valve body. You will spend around 700-800 for it all. It will run like a raped ape but i would also add to it a sct 2400 mafs and a tune for safety reasons. Your L will be a different animal with a pulley especailly with all those porting mods and silencer holes filled in that thing will absolutely scream.

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
you could hit the 13's if you get the 60 foot down to a 1.8 or 1.9.

if it makes you feel better my 2000 L ran a 14.1 with about the same 60 ft on a 85 degree day when it was stock and full weight.

stevemann

Established Member
hey bro get a 4 or 6 pound pulley and a tune u wont think your driving the same truck i run a 4 pnd and love it. if your ported u may wont a 6pnd

Users who are viewing this thread