Back in the Shop!!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well after eating dinner with my girlfriend tonight, we got into the car and guess what??? It doesnt start. It was getting power but it just didnt want to turn over. I had to have it towed to the dealership where they will take a look at it tomorrow. Im actually pretty pissed off because there have been several things wrong with this car since I got it and Im starting to think its a piece of shit car. Dont get me wrong the performance is incredible. I would have never thought that this car with my mods would be able to take a 2002 viper GTS. But thats not what I care about right now. One thing after another it seems like with this car.
1.THe pull to the right which took two trips to the dealership to have fixed.
2.My right rear ABS sensor needed to be replaced.
3. My roght front caliper was leaking and needed to be repaired.
4.THe steering wheel makes a wierd noise when I turn it either way.
5. That stupid gasket that holds the spoiler to the trunk keeps on sticking out .
6.The starting problem( I noticed it before when I would try and start the car. WHen I would turn the ignition it would take a sec or two to fire up. Sometimes it would start right up and others it would take a sec or two. The other night I got home and parked in the garage I heard a sound coming from the front of the car after it was turned off and it didnt sound like the fan. I checked it out and sounded like it was coming from my ignition right by the air intake, it wouldnt stop. I tried turning the car on and off a few times and everytime I turned the ignition to the on position without actually starting the car I heard what sounded like I voltake shock in the same area as the wierd sound was coming from. I ended up finally removing one of the cables from the battery and it stopped that freakin noise but still did the shock thing. Anyhow . It died today and Im sick of the crap with this damn Ford and Im not picking it up until everything is fixed. and I mean everything I told the service guy when I had it towed.
I think I read a forum of someones car not starting, If anyone has any info on it I'd love to hear from them. Thanks. Black03

03DOHC

Established Member
Hope you get everything worked out. At least they haven't given you any crap about all the mods you have.

f4sfed

Established Member
MAN! I hope everything, as well.

Is the dealer treatin' you right, with the mods you've done?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes, I have to say that my service guy at the dealership has been treating me very well. He is aware that I have some(hehe) mods done on the car. At first he was a little skeptical about the car because I did disclose the Chip to him but he realizes that what went wrong with my car is not connected to my chip in any way.(hopefully)He just called me a little while ago to let me know that the car did start this morning but only after cranking it a few times. He told me that they will do the best they can to take care of all my cars problems. Black03

Bingo13

Established Member
My car must have been built on the same day as yours. I had delivery on the evening of 9/12 and it promptly went into the shop on 9/16 with a total of 105 miles on the vehicle.

Issues-
1. Hard pull to the right.
2. Bad vibe issue at 70~80mph.
3. Rear brakes had (oil?) on them that caused severe yellow spotting on the rear valance during the drive home.
4. Violent shake in first gear that actually loosened the plastic housing in the radio area. (shifter assembly had a missing bolt/nut)
5. Short somewhere in the electrical system as my battery drained every night to the point of having to "jump" start the car each morning. No lights were on and I disabled all of the lamp bulbs one night.
6. Stripped threads on the gas tank cap.
7. Who knows what else at this time.

The car is still in the shop as of today. I told the dealer that my car was probably the last of the first production run and they were picking up parts off the floor to put it together. ;) The car did not appear to be abused and only had 4.1 miles on it at delivery. The rear tires still had the nubs on them. I guess it must be my luck lately as my '01 M3 totally started to fall apart around 5k in miles and 13 months of ownership.

FL Cobra03

Established Member
I've had good luck with World Ford in Pembroke Pines. But that's a pretty good distance from Pompano. Good luck with it.

TruBlu03

Maroone in my experience is pretty good about mods, they never once complained about anything on my 00 GT(timing Adjuster, gears, full suspension, shifter, pulleys etc etc). Not to say they won't in the future but I will go with past experience. Plantation Ford was good about mod's too but their techs,(at least the one I seemed to always get) were seriously lacking. Nicks, scrapes, dings, grease and dirt were common. Ex. Someone(most likely Plantation Ford since I just had it serviced there) cut half way into the power cable from the battery to the starter. Requested a warranty replacement, they said no problem, got it back and they had just put electrical tape around it. I'm like WTF is this shit. Took it to Maroone and had it replaced and back in my possesion in 20 minutes.

Hopefully, they can get all your problems sorted out in short order. With that many issues and them going un-resolved, seems to me the lemon law starts to come into effect. That would suck but if you have to lemon it don't forget to take your mod's off for the next one! :D

raiders03

Banned
What the hell is the Hood Mod I keep seeing? What is your PSI after you change your blower pulley? Wouldn't changing your blower pulley be more likely to void your warranty than a chip?

Users who are viewing this thread