Back to school with the Bullitt

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
Come the end of spring break the B and I are making our way back to college. Having bought the Bullitt about two months ago I have been driving the v6 to and fro college until I am completly comfortable in the Bullitt (I haven't driven a 5-speed in over 5 years- the v6 is an auto). I'm not too worried about the B getting messed up for I have a decent parking situation and get along pretty good with everyone in my building but there is still a part of me that remains apprehensive about the whole thing. Anyways those of you who have your cobras or nice/powerful mustangs as your college dd chime in; How is your stang holding up and what do you do to keep it in good condition?

Later

biggyman6

pumpkin
Established Member
i am always skeptical when i take it to school. Never know when some punk is gonna do something to it just cuz its a nice ride. where do you go to school?

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
DEFINATELY invest in a pos daily driver. you never know when some retard will mess with your car for no reason. and if you have an attitude and a lot of enemies a crappy DD is a must

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
I worry about my car, but nothing has happened yet. I try to keep a low profile, but the off road pipe isn't helping

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I had my car at school all last semester as well as this semester. Luckily, I get to park in a garage so the vert top isn't in the sun and weather all the time. I always park on the 2nd floor from the top to be away from normal traffic but still out of the weather. The garage also has security cameras in it, and a buddy of mine who goes to school with me works for the security force on campus so he watches the cameras and keeps an eye on my car (I'm about to get the same job). Nothing has happened to any of my cars at school so far (knock on wood) and I hope to keep it that way. Don't be too worried, there are 25k kids at my school and cars everywhere and I never see vehicle vandalism. You should be fine, just be careful driving around.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I've done it, but I also have a DD that sees the to-fro class duties.

If you're close enough to campus, walk/bike/ride bus as much as you can.

I've never had any of my vehicles messed with but I don't put them in bad situations either.

Just be smart about where you park.

I can't stand my car to be dirty, so it would get washed every other day, which often times became a bit of a hassle.

I also avoided short trips down the block like the plague, so I would try and combine everything I could into one trip and pick things up on my way home so I wouldn't have to go back out for little things.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Not gonna lie, my Cobra has been with me hear at college for about 2 years now and it being outside all the time just plain isn't good for it, especially with the shitty Indiana weather. Its never been screwed with or dinged or anything, the weather just takes its toll on the car. Its nothing that can't be fixed by an all day cleaning/buffing/waxing/everything, but here at school the Cobra almost never looks good... its sad.

Btw, me bringing it to college has also been one of the best things I've done. I get great gas mileage on the highway, its fun to play around in, and the ladies love it. I bought this car to be my daily driver and I'm getting every penny out of it.

Paul

TheSilverBullet

Established Member
I leave my 03 at home and drive a 00 v6 to college. I have brought it to school for a week or so and nothing has ever happened but I find myself going to the parking lot to check on it alot. I never put any of my vehicles in a spot that could be prime target for door dings or vandalism. Bottom line, you should be fine but just be careful.

SpectorV

Established Member
if you live in dorms dont drive it.... i would NOT leave my car outside EVER. You could rent a storage unit and keep it there, drive teh v6 to it and get it when you wanted to drive it.... and its going to get dinged up ... I always parked WAY away and retards would STILL park next to me and crap.... there are far to many idiots at college to risk it.

Speedingpenguin

Former SVT *****
Established Member
Fortunatly, I'm gonna be going to school with a bunch of other car nuts, so I dont think I'll have to worry too much about bringing my Cobra. It isnt really in the best shape (body-wise....not BAD, but especially after my little run in with the tree, not GREAT) and I'm gonna be living in an apartment off campus so I'm not worried at all about my car.....

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
I go to a community college so I have to commute every day. I am mostly forced to bring the mach. I'm on the baseball team though and we all park pretty close to one another so I don't worry about them. They all look out for my car too. lol. They know sh*t would hit the fan.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I commute to school and start at 8am so I always get a nice end spot and park real close to the the curb so far nobody has come close to dinging up my Cobra or my Integra.

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
mblgjr said:
I've done it, but I also have a DD that sees the to-fro class duties.

If you're close enough to campus, walk/bike/ride bus as much as you can.

I've never had any of my vehicles messed with but I don't put them in bad situations either.

Just be smart about where you park.

I can't stand my car to be dirty, so it would get washed every other day, which often times became a bit of a hassle.

I also avoided short trips down the block like the plague, so I would try and combine everything I could into one trip and pick things up on my way home so I wouldn't have to go back out for little things.

This is exactly what I did when I had the v6 at school. I drive as little as possible, biking or walking (great exercise) to class on nicer days and taking the bus on shitty days. I'm not necessarily worried about people messing w/ it as I am about leaving the car to face the elements (Like you I HATE having a dirty car) and driving in an area where people will sraight up walk out infront of your car and everyone drives while eating and talking on their cell phone. As for a DD, I may pick up a very cheap motorcycle (like a 500cc Honda or something) if I have some extra cash, but I cannot afford another car.

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
grandestang said:
Not gonna lie, my Cobra has been with me hear at college for about 2 years now and it being outside all the time just plain isn't good for it, especially with the shitty Indiana weather. Its never been screwed with or dinged or anything, the weather just takes its toll on the car. Its nothing that can't be fixed by an all day cleaning/buffing/waxing/everything, but here at school the Cobra almost never looks good... its sad.

Btw, me bringing it to college has also been one of the best things I've done. I get great gas mileage on the highway, its fun to play around in, and the ladies love it. I bought this car to be my daily driver and I'm getting every penny out of it.

Paul

+1 I bought the v6 new for 16.5K in '04. My parents talked me into getting a new car and before long I regretted the decision for all my money went towards the monthly payments, ect. I initially planned on getting the Bullitt after graduating but the deal I got with my current Bullitt was way too good to pass up. I actually pay less a month on the B than I did with the 6 and have a four year loan (paid the 6 off for a year) so I essentially swapped cars. Anyways I suppose I have the same outlook as you: If I'm gonna end up working for my car I want it to be something I will enjoy with every second of driving.

Users who are viewing this thread