Back-up camera, radar detector, and dash-cam 1994 cobra

Luis Palacios

Established Member
Has anyone had any success installing a back-up camera, radar detector, and/or dash-cam? I've never done it before but I hear it's not that hard on newer cars haha.

I have a 94 cobra so I'm not sure if it's possible to install those. I bought the car with an aftermarket radio if that changes things.

If you have, let me know how you did it and where you got the parts from!!!
Thanks

Mjn76

Established Member
The backup camera is the most difficult of the three to install and if you are able to read minor technical instructions it is not bad, I have installed one on a work van with a kit from autozone, the camera was a license plate frame and it had a dedicated screen. There are cameras that can hook up to stereos if they have a video screen, plug and play if you look.
There are so many good dash cams that just plug into the cigarette lighter that i don't think that it would be really worth it to do a hard install
No experience with the radar detector
Good luck

Luis Palacios

Established Member
The backup camera is the most difficult of the three to install and if you are able to read minor technical instructions it is not bad, I have installed one on a work van with a kit from autozone, the camera was a license plate frame and it had a dedicated screen. There are cameras that can hook up to stereos if they have a video screen, plug and play if you look.
There are so many good dash cams that just plug into the cigarette lighter that i don't think that it would be really worth it to do a hard install
No experience with the radar detector
Good luck

Okay thanks for the feedback!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Radar detector is super easy. 2 wires.
1 wire to ground
1 wire to a switched power source (powers on when key is turned in/car started)

jgt58

Established Member
If you hook up a backup camera in 94-04 the easiest wire to tap Into coming off the main computer is a black and pink wire. It's your reverse lights. I know this from experience. Then to power the cam tap in to your positive and negative wires coming from your reverse bulb.

Sent from my LG-H900 using svtperformance.com mobile app

Luis Palacios

Established Member
If you hook up a backup camera in 94-04 the easiest wire to tap Into coming off the main computer is a black and pink wire. It's your reverse lights. I know this from experience. Then to power the cam tap in to your positive and negative wires coming from your reverse bulb.

Sent from my LG-H900 using svtperformance.com mobile app

Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread