Backlash

amnpalm

Established Member
Have some backlash in the rearend, is there an easy way to take up that slack? It's the stock 3.27 rearend, and Ford rebuild about 2 two years ago for the same problem but now I'm out of warranty and it's my problem. Thinking about pulling it out and putting in a IRS, or should I rebuild it with 4.10's, would this help? Is this something I can do myself or should I have a professional do it? I'm a pretty handy guy but never did a rearend. Any advise is helpful. Thanks, Matt.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Dont go IRS..
Just get a new gear.
dont do it your self, you should be able to get it done for a buck 50 or so.
Lin

blk96SVT

Established Member
Yes rebuild it with an Eaton 31 spline, Moser 31 spline axles and some 4.30 gears!!! And then go have fun

97SVTStang

Established Member
If you have never done gears dont try to adjust your backlash on your back by yourself. If you have never done a gear you need special measuring tools to check backlash. After you have done enough of them you dont need the tools cause you know what feels right and what feels wrong. I have done so many gear installs I can feel everything by hand whats right and wrong. But gears are something that really cant be done on your back, really have to have a lift to do it correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread