BAD clutch vibration...never got off the lot

YenSid

Established Member
I'll ask him when I get a chance today. But from what I’m reading here, the problem my car has is a lot more severe than anyone else’s. I may be wrong. But mine felt BROKE, not just out of adjustment. When I slowly disengaged the clutch the clutch pedal had to be moving ½ and inch or so in the shudder. Half an inch may be an exaggeration, but it was a lot. It is significant movement. And none of the techs at the dealership even suggested that it was anything but a problem. They took it straight to the shop.

From what they tell me, the plate was out of alignment straight from the factory. Apparently there was a problem reported by the person who drove it off the truck when it arrived at the dealership, but there was a breakdown in communication between him and the shop so it never got fixed. Personally, I’m glad I’m involved in the entire situation. I like to knowing exactly where my car sands.

I have to give the guys down at Covert Ford a lot of credit on this. They have bent over backwards to get it fixed. The first thing they asked is if I wanted to pass on the current car and wait for the next one. I didn’t even have to suggest it. They maintain that they think they can get the problem fixed, but they understand if I want to wait for a new DSG’03. They even offered to back out on the current paperwork that I singed, and get me my ’98 Cobra back. I have to admit that I’m a bit amazed at how far they are going to get the situation resolved. Their attitude has been “What do you want to do to make the situation right.”

I am optimistic, but time will tell.

More later, as I get updates.

Yen
<cpl>
<cpl>

YenSid

Established Member
You may be right. But the car never moved from the place it was parked. It had 6 miles on it (9 now that it was moved due to my problems).

Time will tell. I'm going to give the dealer the bennifit of the doubt for now.

Yen
<cpl>

YenSid

Established Member
Another update.

Everything but the clutch plate showed up yesterday. So no Cobra to drive this weekend.

The dealer hooked me up with a brand new Buick Regal as a loaner. 450 miles on it. But it's a BUICK.

It's a beautiful clear sunny morning in Austin today. The kind of morning to do some nice safe high speed loops up and down 360.

I am sad.

Yen
<cpl>

Users who are viewing this thread