Bad day at the track...need help!!!

01RedLightning

EATON HEMI'S!!
Established Member
Well, Decided to do one more run at the track today. I went did my burn out..staged and then launched. The truck just BOGGED!! It just dies out like there not enough fuel or something. I tried to hit it again at 60 and still bogges. There are no codes being thrown. No weird sounds or anything. Truck drove great the way home, but if I try getting into the throttle it just won't let me. It like studders the whole time I am in Boost. No vaccum leaks, filled her up and still nothing. Here's what I am thinking at the track I had my "low fuel" light on and when I launched it got air in the lines?? I drove it home for an hour and still can't punch it? I changed my fuel filter about 3,000 miles ago, so that's not too old. Any thought I am clueless??

KYLightning02

Established Member
when my engine blew every time i punched it all it would do is Studder like crazy and would drive fine when i didnt but i doubt thats whats up with yours figgured i would share that with ya..

203Cree

Established Member
01RedLightning said:
Well, Decided to do one more run at the track today. I went did my burn out..staged and then launched. The truck just BOGGED!! It just dies out like there not enough fuel or something. I tried to hit it again at 60 and still bogges. There are no codes being thrown. No weird sounds or anything. Truck drove great the way home, but if I try getting into the throttle it just won't let me. It like studders the whole time I am in Boost. No vaccum leaks, filled her up and still nothing. Here's what I am thinking at the track I had my "low fuel" light on and when I launched it got air in the lines?? I drove it home for an hour and still can't punch it? I changed my fuel filter about 3,000 miles ago, so that's not too old. Any thought I am clueless??

I would bet money you melted a plug. I just had the exact same problem. Ran fine under normal driving but under load she'd fall on her face.

The strap on No. 1 plug was completely gone, lol. I'm going to drop the tank and check that Y Pipe that loves to come loose. My buddy and I can't think of anything else it can be, because my tune is spot on and my filter is newer than yours.

VPRPWR

Established Member
never run such low fuel....when you launch the fuel sloshes back in the tank and leaves your pumps uncovered, so you lean out big time. Depending on your power level I would never run less than 10 gallons in the tank. I run no less than 15 :beer:

01RedLightning

EATON HEMI'S!!
Established Member
I did the plugs from stock to NGK TR6's about a month ago, this was my first time at the track with these plugs. I feel my truck ran better with stock plugs and MORE boost. IMO. I'll check the plugs today

203Cree

Established Member
01RedLightning said:
I did the plugs from stock to NGK TR6's about a month ago, this was my first time at the track with these plugs. I feel my truck ran better with stock plugs and MORE boost. IMO. I'll check the plugs today

Yep, that's what I melted down, a set of 3 week old TR6's.

01RedLightning

EATON HEMI'S!!
Established Member
ok I checked the plugs, all good!! They were a little black (IMO) for being a month old. So I guess it's on to the fuel filter and then re-doing my tune??

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
VPRPWR said:
never run such low fuel....when you launch the fuel sloshes back in the tank and leaves your pumps uncovered, so you lean out big time. Depending on your power level I would never run less than 10 gallons in the tank. I run no less than 15 :beer:

I guess you dont use race fuel at the track :shrug: ..I wonder how much it cost's now? I run my tank till it's almost empty and then put around 6 gallons of race fuel in it...I want to try and keep the highest octane as possible.When you start mixing the race fuel with regular fuel you start losing octane...Imagine putting 15 gallons of race fuel in?Then I will have no money for mods..lol

01RedLightning

EATON HEMI'S!!
Established Member
well, I put my stock supercharger on and I am only getting about 10-13 vac. So now I have to take care of that. I haven't driven it since Saturday. But How do you check the Coil packs? Or is it just a visual thing?

VPRPWR

Established Member
brucewrs said:
I guess you dont use race fuel at the track :shrug: ..I wonder how much it cost's now? I run my tank till it's almost empty and then put around 6 gallons of race fuel in it...I want to try and keep the highest octane as possible.When you start mixing the race fuel with regular fuel you start losing octane...Imagine putting 15 gallons of race fuel in?Then I will have no money for mods..lol

I run full C16, then pump it out completely and put in my 91 octane fuel to go back home, recycling is your friend :thumbsup:

203Cree

Established Member
01RedLightning said:
well, I put my stock supercharger on and I am only getting about 10-13 vac. So now I have to take care of that. I haven't driven it since Saturday. But How do you check the Coil packs? Or is it just a visual thing?

Ohm meter. A good coil pack is right around 1.0 ohm.

Like Bob said, it may be an intank issue with the pumps, but I'd think you'd have some burnt plugs to show for it if that were the case.

Have you tried reseting the computer? That'd be worth a shot. I know that simple little task has bit me in the ass a few times, lol. Thought I had major issues, reset the ecu and everything went back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread