Bad day for the 2011 GT.

rexisme

Established Member
I don't have any pics yet cause it's late and dark out. But, you'd be surprised at the damage a hunk of semi tire could do with the steel belts hanging out of it.

So far, the hood is dented on the cowl and on the curve where it meets the grille. Naturally it's covered in scratches and the dents are on the lines. The front bumper all scratched and gouged. Headlight(pass side) chipped. Then, best for last, pass side front fender, hit right on the corner where the hood and fender meet, pushed that in and cracked the paint. Might I add that every single dent is on a bend/ridge/body line. This will be a good claim.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I don't have any pics yet cause it's late and dark out. But, you'd be surprised at the damage a hunk of semi tire could do with the steel belts hanging out of it.

So far, the hood is dented on the cowl and on the curve where it meets the grille. Naturally it's covered in scratches and the dents are on the lines. The front bumper all scratched and gouged. Headlight(pass side) chipped. Then, best for last, pass side front fender, hit right on the corner where the hood and fender meet, pushed that in and cracked the paint. Might I add that every single dent is on a bend/ridge/body line. This will be a good claim.

Sorry to hear!! Hope you are able to get it fixed quickly and looking good as new!!

I actually had something similar happen to my 2011 GT. I had just bought the car in NC and was driving it back home to VA. About 5 miles from the dealership I was driving 60 MPH and all of sudden I hear a noise go up under the car like I had run over something. It was dark out and I never saw anything in the road.

My wife was following me and see said she saw sparks fly from under my car but never saw anything.

I stopped and checked for damage and whatever I hit put a nice 'gouge in the black plastic lower grill/spoiler and it put a hard crease and knocked the paint off on the painted panel below the grill. The car had 39 miles on it! I was sick!!

When I got home to VA I ordered the CDC chin spoiler. It replaces the black lower grille/spoiler and it covers the painted piece that was damged so that you don't see that part anymore.

fashion jordan shoes propertiesNike is one of the most preferred brand shoes, if you are Michael Jordan. This unique brand shoes fashion shoes buckle, trade, cheap, performance is very reasonable and comfortable. Nike is considerate. Nike is selling a commercial version in 1987, is based on the air spring technology introduced by Nike Inc. to improve in the first place. Undoubtedly, many fans, track and field, such as Michael Jordan's leadership and brand shoes, and even people. Discount Nike Air Max 2010, the characteristics of inspiration. Nike "Zoom Kobe soft dark horse is expected to provide a comfortable shoe accessories. Nike is a big blow to Nike, Kobe Bryant and the pictures carefully check each color, we will know the largest decline, the air cushion. New by the two super-luxury heel cushioning technology Nike to create the ultimate journey.Greatest achievement was to obtain a good men's shoes, Nike Air Jordan 21 10, not only because of its good looks, but also high performance. It attracts professional who is more strict in a cage. Men's shoes NIKE Air Jordan 21 10 using the palm of technological innovation, I think this is why the Nike Air Jordan shoes was welcomed.

WTF :kaboom:

rexisme

Established Member
It'll be interesting to see what it cost. Similar damage occurred to my 2000 gt way back when and it was around $3300 to fix. Also to my 04 cobra and it was $3600. We'll see!

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
That stinks...sorry to read this. I've been there myself with a car that was only weeks old, and it's not fun, but sounds fixable and eventually forgetable, like mine was.

Just remember when making your claim...the rubber came off the truck and came at you...it was not in the middle of the road and you hit it...it matters.

Last edited:

rexisme

Established Member
Ya, I wish I would of just hit it. You can def tell that it hit me, I've taken pics and I'm not cleaning or removing any of the rubber until they see it. I'm also keeping the pics and receipts for EVERYTHING I've ever bought or done. That way the next owner can see how I've taken care of it and if this marks the carfax the damage was purely cosmetic.

Last edited:

351inside

Established Member
That sucks man!

my car has a big ass dent on the rear right side quater panel, I was washing the car yeasterday and noticed it, Needless to say im still pissed!! My 08 only took two days before i had 2 small dents in the paint, ive had this car for two months without a single blemish and than this big dent comes out of nowhere!!! WTF

Users who are viewing this thread