bad egr maybe? check this out!

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Bad EGR? look inside?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have checked everything.. and my tuner is puzzled.. at the surging of the car..

best example... 2500rpm on cruise on freeway.. with the cruise control on... down hill surging... the whole way down...

the only thing i havent checked is the egr valve and the egr solenoid...?

how can i check them to see if they are bad or good...

i have a feeling that is what it is!!!!

has anyone ever had a problem with there egr?

and what are the symptoms of a bad egr

Marc

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
I doubt your problem is EGR related, given the scenario you presented. EGR valves that are stuck closed usually cause pinging on light accel from cruise, and EGR valves that are hanging open a little bit cause a rough idle and/or stalling at idle. A surge at cruise is most likely attributed to gross corrections in fuel trim trim by the PCM. I would be looking at MAP, TPS, and a line missing (Vacuum leak) from a ported vacuum source.

Good Luck

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I agree with Evil. It's possible, but unlikely. Going downhill is usually when you will get a lean surge. And it's more prevelant in a stick car. However, if you only get it with the cruise on, that's where I would look. I see you've installed an Accufab TB. I would spend some time making sure the cruise is adjusted properly. Spend some time with it and see if you can't improve the situation. I'm betting it's in the cruise somewhere.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
it has nothing to do with the TB, my tune is on point... i have a stock tune on right now..(partial throttle) and its still doing it... my car is stallling at decel somtimes...

Marc

ralphy1798

Established Member
combatstang said:
it has nothing to do with the TB, my tune is on point... i have a stock tune on right now..(partial throttle) and its still doing it... my car is stallling at decel somtimes...

Marc

#1 - Do you have Ford's updated code for the PCM? They released a new version of code for the 2003 CObra's thats supposed to fix the stalling. #2 - my g/f had the same issue (surging, stalling) in a 2000 Beetle and it ended up being her MAF... Check you MAF voltages...

Jeff

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
One last thing to bring up...when you change the TB, the base idle can be a real bitch to get set right. That can cause a "surge" on decel and down hill too because the car actually tries to die then catch itself...if it can. The IAC can't compensate enough if the base isn't set right. Do you have any idle issues at all?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
One last thing to bring up...when you change the TB, the base idle can be a real bitch to get set right. That can cause a "surge" on decel and down hill too because the car actually tries to die then catch itself...if it can. The IAC can't compensate enough if the base isn't set right. Do you have any idle issues at all?

no idle issues

not sure what it is!!

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread