Bad experience at NY Ford Dealer. Refundable deposit? - Long Read w/ Cliffs

Intervention302

Established Member
Prove voicemails? That would be difficult.

I just say I wouldn't lie. I had a member on Focus RS forums that was interested in PayPal me $500 to take over my order.

But even then, the dealership would not return my calls. The GM was always "on the other line" or " away from his desk".

I was only able to leave messages with the receptionist who would leave notes or with one of the sales managers who would go speak to him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Again.

Did you send any emails? Any text messages? I feel like if I was going to be stuck in a $40k car I didn't want, I would've used all of my options and kept proof.

Intervention302

Established Member
I have a few emails that I used in my credit card dispute. Nothing too important.

I had some in March asking to please take the car off the website or cancel the contract.

If I did learn anything, I'll use more traceable communication later on for important situations like this.

Mods can close thread if they want

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
anigif_enhanced-28980-1395414032-5.gif

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
3.) You got buyer's remorse, plain and simple.

6.) You obviously haven't written off the $500 a year later, since you're starting this thread, and writing reviews. I don't condone how the manager responded to you, but at this point, I wouldn't give you your money back either.

I would like to also point out that members are mentioning that everything needs to be in writing, provable, etc on the dealer's behalf... well, if we take your story and series of events for face value, can you prove you left the GM multiple voicemails? Did you send any emails? Any text messages? I feel like if I was going to be stuck in a $40k car I didn't want, I would've used all of my options and kept proof.

Merry Christmas.

3 and 6 are definitely true. And send an email with a read receipt/high importance. Problem solved.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Still pissing and moaning after he saved money in the long run. Meh, OP is a cry baby looking for attention and someone to agree with him so he feels better.

Intervention302

Established Member
Was more venting than anything I suppose. We have all done that

I'm not looking for anything to feel bad for me. Hell, I usually give two hoots less what people think of me, especially people whom I've never met.

I'm not even trying to continue to "piss and moan" I'm just replying to some members who have asked questions.

I never expected the money back after losing my dispute.

Intervention302

Established Member
10% non refundable you're not backing out of.
All SVTP can easily afford that duh
Sounds like that dealer should've required 10% down from you.
I don't think I would have risked it with him had it required that.

It was a really interesting time if you followed the RS community around then. The allocations we're incredibly hard to come by. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to get on the list for a '17 later on when the books opened

I, as well as many others, completely missed the market.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
All SVTP can easily afford that duhI don't think I would have risked it with him had it required that.

It was a really interesting time if you followed the RS community around then. The allocations we're incredibly hard to come by. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to get on the list for a '17 later on when the books opened

No car is that important. I personally backed out on a deal to get a 17 Raptor at MSRP a year ago, when others were paying way over MSRP.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All SVTP can easily afford that duhI don't think I would have risked it with him had it required that.

I mean, I kinda follow all of the Ford markets.

Intervention302

Established Member
No car is that important. I personally backed out on a deal to get a 17 Raptor at MSRP a year ago, when others were paying way over MSRP.
I wasn't going to pay over MSRP by more than $500 that was my max.

My local dealer ship that I've bought 2 new Fords from wanted 10, and would "consider" 8 over for a "loyal" customer haha
I mean, I kinda follow all of the Ford markets.
I'm assuming you own a dealership? I don't know you at all.

Even if so, did you follow the community at an "enthusiast" level?

Hell some guys were tracking these cars out of Germany to specifically what boat their cars were loaded and all the stops that boat was going to make. They then tried to calculate how many cars were loaded at each port. It was sort of funny

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm assuming you own a dealership? I don't know you at all.

Even if so, did you follow the community at an "enthusiast" level?

Hell some guys were tracking these cars out of Germany to specifically what boat their cars were loaded and all the stops that boat was going to make. They then tried to calculate how many cars were loaded at each port. It was sort of funny

Good assumption, and yes.

Ask @AustinJ427 , we tracked his daily lol

Intervention302

Established Member
Good assumption, and yes.

Ask @AustinJ427 , we tracked his daily lol
Well not all owners are as sharp as you are.

Once was told there was no RS for the Focus. Their service manager once told me my RS would end up with a blown engine if I ran 5-50 because all Focus run 5-20.

That was a very small NH town dealer

Users who are viewing this thread