Bad experience with Strange struts

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Well, I got my adjustable strange struts and pu them on 20k miles ago. Just a couple days ago I received my used Steeda CC plates. I put them on and immediately there was a clunking on the passenger side. I though for sure it was the CC plate, long story short I took everything back apart. Turns out it's the strut that's clicking. I can hear it when moving it with my hands.

As luck turns out, the guy that sold me the CC plates also has a set of Tokicos for sell. He's going to give me the whole set for $120. They have 10k on them (same as the CC plates).

Anyone with Tokico's (non adjustable) how do you like them? I know they are supposed to be good so I think $120 is a good price. What do you think?

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Wow ... he really fixed you up on those struts. Christmas came early :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: .

Dan

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Got a great deal on the plates too. I got those for $75 and they look brand new. And the $120 is for the shocks and struts.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I wonder if there is any kind of warranty. It makes me mad that I spent $250 on a set of struts and they only lasted 20k miles. I'm going to check into it.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I have tokico's....

I dont have a basis for comparison either, they were on there when I bought it. Theyre stiff, but I love it. A lot of non car people comment on the 'harsh' ride, but it comes with the territory I guess.. But like I said, no basis for comparison.

satfc

Established Member
I have strange adjustables on my fox body and the first set i got one of the struts actually completely collapsed and locked in place! Luckily I got a free exchange and now they work great.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Tokico HP "blue" is what I have...good product. And he's giving you a great price for those. I paid 225 for the whole set.

'harsh' ride

Yes, I agree...but whatca gonna do...at least they last right :shrug:

Seems like a lot of problems with that companys product...guys with the problems with the Strange shocks/struts...please write a review so others don't buy them until they offer a better product, click here :rockon:

Last edited:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
They weren't that bad, just didn't last very long. I guess that is why they are so cheap price wise. I am probably going to pick up some Bilsteins.

Users who are viewing this thread