Bad gas??? Please help...

earingwcr

Established Member
Just a quick run down car is a 12' with novi 2200sl bap id1000 and mild engine mods. Car is rarely driven and to date (5000 miles) zero issues from the tune. I got gas last weekend at my local non-ethanol station which I have used the last few years 93 Octane. Drove home washed it then took it out for hard pull, around 6800rpm car bucked hard then shut off no check engine light or engine codes. Once I got it home pulled plugs all 8 were completely fouled. Changed plugs out and did KAM reset. Car will idle somewhat with mild surging once I give it gas it will not rev and it idles back down as if it wants to shut off. Aeroforce is showing low ignition timing during start up.

I would figure it should throw a engine code or light but nothing has anyone else seen this...?

I pulled sample gas it doesn't look bad but also doesn't have strong gas smell...

Anything I can do to test the gas to make sure it's bad and or rule out bad gas?

Can anyone advise which wire to hit with 12v to make fuel pump run continuous?

stang910

Established Member
Check to see if you blew a charge pipe off or tore a coupler after the maf. Check for vacuum leaks next.

earingwcr

Established Member
Shit...well that's embarrassing started looking into all the connections and BOV was disconnected at source blew off piping with t-bolts just before maf.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread