Bad IATT2 sensor?

KG145.0

Established Member
Hi everyone... I have a 2014 GT with a whipple and just got a aeroforce scan gauge to read IAT2cand other perameters as others have done and I get a random number (something like 65469) . so I went through the gauge trying to figure it out and it just shows this random number across the screen. so I came up with the idea of trying to read IAT2 on a dalalog on the laptop and sct and its a straight line on -40* on the graph. looks like its not reading.. could it be a bad sensor? what else can I do to test it? it seems to run fine and don't know if it will effect the tune. if it turns out to be bad where do I get another sensor? any help would be great thanks

BrianH87

Established Member
I would start by verifying that you installed the sensor wiring properly. This is the one that you must solder / crimp to the large PCM connector. Just trace the wiring and check all connections. If you know how to use a multi-meter, check resistance / continuity of the wiring. Ohm out the sensor itself and make sure it reads something. This would save you some money from just changing out the part and hoping for the best. You could get a new one from Roush or Ford if it turns out you need one.

pickles

Established Member
I get the same thing. Your ecu strategy doesn't support IAT2. Your tuner may be able to change your strategy to one of the select few that support it.

KG145.0

Established Member
Ok I'm going to check all the wiring make sure everything is good and if it checks out i guess I have the same issue as Pickles ^^^

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Are you guys talking about an aftermarket IAT sensor or the one built into the MAF sensor?
I've always had troubles getting a read on the stock IAT sensor for some reason.

KG145.0

Established Member
Its the added sensor that's on the blower manifold... The factory sensor does give a reading

Vert

Established Member
Pickles, you might want to check yours out because my car reads it just fine.

KG145.0

Established Member
Ok guys I did some tests and checked the wiring and everything seems fine with the sensor.. it's in the right spot on the ecm it's getting 5 volts and ohm test shows a value that pretty acurate and I even heated it up to see it reacted and it's resistance decreases as it warms up ... so I think I'm in the same boat as Pickles

Users who are viewing this thread