Bad PCM? Error code P0353

Iocane2099

Established Member
I have a 2012 GT500. Yesterday, I started getting the error code P0353. I swapped the ignition coil and spark plug from cylinder 3 to cylinder 1 and got the same P0353 error. I then used a circuit light to test injector pulse. On cylinder 3 the injector pulses erratically (not like a steady pulse for the other injectors). Also on cylinder 3, there is an open circuit when testing the ignition line (light is constantly on). The light pulses correctly for ignition on the other cylinders. Wiring harness looks fine. Car only has 14k miles. Does anyone know what it might be other than a bad PCM?

moncho

Established Member
If you haven't already make sure your plug is in working order and gapped correctly also torqued to 13ft. lbs. Ensure you hear or verify the connector snaps into place onto the coil pack. There is a latch that I noticed doesn't always snap into place. I would visually check the connector pins itself just verifying good connection. I'm thinking a bad PCM would also be bringing in a DTC, MIL or CEL indicating a failing PCM?

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread