Bad TOB?

ST165

Established Member
Well, after driving a quality vehicle (a Toyota) for 2,000 miles on a trip, I get back to my 03 Cobra and go for an easy drive. As I'm about to shut the car off, I notice that it has a soft static type sound at idle in neutral. I push in the clutch and it goes away. My immediate thought is the TOB. It doesn't squeak or sound like gravel in a garbage disposal. It just sounds like a cartridge type bearing that is running dry. TOB, yes or no?

I have LT headers, so I'm not even going to try a dealer for warranty work.

Ryan
03 Cobra

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Sounds like a TOB issue if slight pressure on the clutch pedal stops it. Mine has been squealin lately. (TOB replaced twice now). I'm just gonna say the hell with ford products and just go with the 26 DFX clutch setup with CF TOB as I'm going to need a new clutch soon anyway. There has been multiple people on here who have had it replaced more than once and the issues continue.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
o4cOb|2a said:
Sounds like a TOB issue if slight pressure on the clutch pedal stops it. Mine has been squealin lately. (TOB replaced twice now). I'm just gonna say the hell with ford products and just go with the 26 DFX clutch setup with CF TOB as I'm going to need a new clutch soon anyway. There has been multiple people on here who have had it replaced more than once and the issues continue.
Good idea, mines bad right now(20k miles) and I'm gonna do the same this spring.

Users who are viewing this thread