bad weekend

GOT NITROUS mex

FIRST TURBOED 96 MYSTIC47
Established Member
Ok this is a shity week end .I went to my local drag strip .FAMOSO in BAKERSFIELD and got their at 10:00 am waited in line for 3 hours ( OPENING DAY)then found out my slicks had a hole .so for like 5 minutes i tried to keep the air in beacuse I wanted to run so my friend told me go to the store and buy some plugs ,good thing waas i already had some so I put one in a it worked .Then I paid to get in (30.00) and waited for tech for 1 & 30min then got teched.When I was done I went to the lanes and waited for 2 2 hours finally my car was next I got al happy did my burn out and a little take of before stageing ,went to the first sensor next one ,then reved it at 3 rpms (remeber my first time on slicks)went on the 3 ambers light and bam , my drive shaft broke . I was so pissed of all this time waiting just to brake my driveshaft ,but the good thing was I had thought to my self well shit ,shit happens..after i had got my car back to the pits I thought shit I still need to call a tow truck ,call for a tow & they said its like 180.00 .waiting for like 2 more hours I thought shit Ill call my friend who just broke his rear end and ask if i can use his trailer .good thing was he said yes .bad thing was i had to leave it till the next morning . shit sucks ha ..well I just thought I should tell my story .cause i have nothing else to do .....

coolguy10786

Established Member
GOT NITROUS mex said:
Ok this is a shity week end .I went to my local drag strip .FAMOSO in BAKERSFIELD and got their at 10:00 am waited in line for 3 hours ( OPENING DAY)then found out my slicks had a hole .so for like 5 minutes i tried to keep the air in beacuse I wanted to run so my friend told me go to the store and buy some plugs ,good thing waas i already had some so I put one in a it worked .Then I paid to get in (30.00) and waited for tech for 1 & 30min then got teched.When I was done I went to the lanes and waited for 2 2 hours finally my car was next I got al happy did my burn out and a little take of before stageing ,went to the first sensor next one ,then reved it at 3 rpms (remeber my first time on slicks)went on the 3 ambers light and bam , my drive shaft broke . I was so pissed of all this time waiting just to brake my driveshaft ,but the good thing was I had thought to my self well shit ,shit happens..after i had got my car back to the pits I thought shit I still need to call a tow truck ,call for a tow & they said its like 180.00 .waiting for like 2 more hours I thought shit Ill call my friend who just broke his rear end and ask if i can use his trailer .good thing was he said yes .bad thing was i had to leave it till the next morning . shit sucks ha ..well I just thought I should tell my story .cause i have nothing else to do .....
damn dude that sucks i'd be pissed too. What kind of power are you making?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Sorry to here it bro.
I've been there, only in my case a good friend from high school owns a tow company, his dad and brother are serious racers and the track is only 8 miles from my house. When I break he's usually there or a phone call away, I give him a $20 for his trouble and usually have to force him to take that. lol

epracmetcon

Established Member
Tabres said:
Must be nice. It's an 1 hour + for me one way.

Thank God for AAA...

which track is that?

I go to byron, its only like 30 minutes from my house. Now they can stay open up to midnight on friday/saturday nights. They just have to get lights up still.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
epracmetcon said:
which track is that?

I go to byron, its only like 30 minutes from my house. Now they can stay open up to midnight on friday/saturday nights. They just have to get lights up still.

Cordova.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
epracmetcon said:
Cordova is a nice track, wish they wouldnt have axed the ffw there this year.

So they did kill it there.. Was it Cordova's decision or Fun Ford's? Never heard the story behind that. What was the reasoning?

GOT NITROUS mex

FIRST TURBOED 96 MYSTIC47
Established Member
im thinking of getting the strange driveshaft.or should i just get the frod racing one againg .strange wants a bunch of info on lenght and stufff

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
GOT NITROUS mex said:
im thinking of getting the strange driveshaft.or should i just get the frod racing one againg .strange wants a bunch of info on lenght and stufff

frpp aluminum. ebay. 250 bucks. Ive got a stocker if you want it? Best offer.

epracmetcon

Established Member
Tabres said:
So they did kill it there.. Was it Cordova's decision or Fun Ford's? Never heard the story behind that. What was the reasoning?

Was fun fords from what I have read. It was because it wasnt drawing in enough participants compared to other events.

Users who are viewing this thread