Baddest SVO I have ever seen...

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
The 2.3T was one of the baddest 4's ever! Those things still rip 12's easily with minimal mods :beer:

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Hurley said:
2.3 liter 4 banger. I think.

motherofgodyk8.jpg

wow....im impressed.....cool 8)

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
boostaholic said:
The 2.3T was one of the baddest 4's ever! Those things still rip 12's easily with minimal mods :beer:

I disagree with you on the baddest 4 cylinder ever. I had a boss, who had one of those engines in a dune buggy. It would run high 10's and pull the tires, it made 300+whp, and was only 1250lb's. It was fun, to run down the street, rev it up, and dump the clutch, it pops wheelies.

love bandit2

Established Member
boostaholic said:

yeeah I don't know about that... my buddy had an '86 2.3T thunderturkey and it was the slowest, most troublesome piece of garbage I've ever seen.

...and come on.. its an 8-valve engine. LAME!

I had an n/a 2.3 in my first car: an '87 mustang LX convertable. 90 horsepower. Not cool. I'm sure if you unhooked the turbo from an SRT4 or evo engine it would make more than 90 horsepower even with it being low compression and set up for turbo.

Nonetheless thats a very intresting car. Those SVO's are collector's items.

askiles

I can't stop MODDING!!!
Established Member
If that is the SVO I think it is, the guy lives down the street from me. Recently they were dyno tuning it, and the engine alone with no boost made 230~ HP! That is pretty awesome for a car that weighs nothing.

-Andy

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
love bandit2 said:
yeeah I don't know about that... my buddy had an '86 2.3T thunderturkey and it was the slowest, most troublesome piece of garbage I've ever seen.

...and come on.. its an 8-valve engine. LAME!

I had an n/a 2.3 in my first car: an '87 mustang LX convertable. 90 horsepower. Not cool. I'm sure if you unhooked the turbo from an SRT4 or evo engine it would make more than 90 horsepower even with it being low compression and set up for turbo.

Nonetheless thats a very intresting car. Those SVO's are collector's items.

I guess is it lame when you've only got 8 valves and only run low 9s?

Dont need more than 2 valves to make power!

9 Second 4 Banger

Click picture!
th_9secondStreetSVO.gif

Jon Dell Blair's 9 Second SVO

Jon Dell Blair's 9 Second SVO 2

32V SVT

Established Member
WOW.... That F#CKING thing is FAST!!!
I think FRPP put out a competition version of the 2.3 engine about 10 yrs back or so...
It wouldn't surprise me if that's what he's running... Anyone know this guy?
I'd like to know what he's put into it, and about how much $$$

jimbbski

Established Member
Back in the mid to late 80's Jack Roush was racing Merkurs in the SCCA TransAm series. I was helping out a guy that raced a V8 Mustang there. Those car were 2.5L versions of the Ford 2.3L with the Esslinger Aluminum Head.

I heard second hand that these engines could make 800 HP on the dyno!
SCCA required all Turbo motors to run restrictors which limited them to about 600HP. They were lighter then the V8 cars and could run an IRS as well. They won quite a number of races and I think 1 or 2 season championships as well.

Users who are viewing this thread