Baer 6 Piston Brake Upgrade for 13" Rotors-Free Shipping

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Any chance your contact above can take a measurement in milimeters from the outer rotor face to the outer face of the caliper, basically the standoff of the caliper from the rotor face? I'm trying to fit these behind some BBS RK's and the Brembo Focus RS' didn't fit by a wide margin. I have about 10 mm beyond the stock calipers to work with. Also what's the return policy in case I wanna try fitment? Thanks for all your attention the the questions in this thread, big help for sure!!

If you can send me your email I can send you a template and you can see if they fit your wheels :rockon:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
im thinking that the red would look great on my black car. but the polished looks awesome also.

damn..... i like them all really...

do they offer a rear brake caliper set that will fit for the rear

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
im thinking that the red would look great on my black car. but the polished looks awesome also.

damn..... i like them all really...

do they offer a rear brake caliper set that will fit for the rear

I think ANY of the calipers would look awesome! Red is classic... polished would be pretty hot. Baer does not make a rear setup for the IRS'd cars:(

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I think ANY of the calipers would look awesome! Red is classic... polished would be pretty hot. Baer does not make a rear setup for the IRS'd cars:(

I have a SRA from a 2000 gt with all the upgrades

So what kinda baer brake are available for that?

TRBO VNM

Is the polished sealed in any way? I hate having to maintain polished products, but if they are coated or sealed so that they don't start pitting or oxidizing, I might consider them. Not sure I would to drop the extra $200 yet.

Brian, even with the solid axle I have had trouble finding a rear kit. I know either brembo or baer were in the process of working on something last time I spoke to them(at least a yr or longer ago). They told me It is actually harder for the solid axle to develop a kit because the axles have a little movement and aren't "fixed". I forget the company, but I have a larger rotor kit for the rear that relocates the stock caliper. It isn't on the car yet and I may have to sell it because I don't think the 15" drag wheel will clear them.

Last edited:

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a SRA from a 2000 gt with all the upgrades

So what kinda baer brake are available for that?

Yes Baer has a rear kit... it is a 6 Piston 14" kit. Here it is

Pro%20Plus%206P%20Red.jpg

Is the polished sealed in any way? I hate having to maintain polished products, but if they are coated or sealed so that they don't start pitting or oxidizing, I might consider them. Not sure I would to drop the extra $200 yet.

Brian, even with the solid axle I have had trouble finding a rear kit. I know either brembo or baer were in the process of working on something last time I spoke to them(at least a yr or longer ago). They told me It is actually harder for the solid axle to develop a kit because the axles have a little movement and aren't "fixed". I forget the company, but I have a larger rotor kit for the rear that relocates the stock caliper. It isn't on the car yet and I may have to sell it because I don't think the 15" drag wheel will clear them.

The polished kit is actually Nickel plated so it's very durable... it's not raw polisged aluminum that you will have to polish all the time

Here is the rear Baer 6 Piston 14" kit for the rear :)

Baer also makes a 13" rear kit for SRA cars that is about $300

baer-rear-brake-upgrade-kit-mu.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey mike, so you're saying that the 6 piston for the rear is for a SRA car?? Any word on if you can get the rings I need?

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey mike, so you're saying that the 6 piston for the rear is for a SRA car?? Any word on if you can get the rings I need?

Yes the 6 piston for the rear ONLY works on SRA Mustangs... and yes I can get the rings for you for your fronts brakes... I have to confirm the price Monday

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Ok sweet!! I Believe I have a 13'' rotor in the rear that's also 2 piece.. Thanks for checking on that for me :beer:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Yes Baer has a rear kit... it is a 6 Piston 14" kit. Here it is

The polished kit is actually Nickel plated so it's very durable... it's not raw polisged aluminum that you will have to polish all the time

Here is the rear Baer 6 Piston 14" kit for the rear :)

Baer also makes a 13" rear kit for SRA cars that is about $300

baer-rear-brake-upgrade-kit-mu.jpg

holy crap 14" rear... i do not believe that will fit in my 17" 10th aniversary wheels....

let me know. i need a good front and rear brake upgrade for my car.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Gonna go with the silver myself. With it already dark in the area I don't want black. I want those puppies to be seen. So no black and really no other color that would look good on CO. The silver should look really good and maybe I will change the Baer logo to CO.

i think either red silver or the polished would look good on your car

just my .02 cents

TRBO VNM

Put my order in for the silver today. Can't wait. I have wanted a bigger caliper kit for so damn long.

And yeah, I did the silver. Just couldn't see dropping another $200 on the polished and with chrome wheels I think the silver will be a good contrast.

Last edited:

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Stupid question but seriously. What are the advantages of these calipers and rotors over the stock ones?

In a nutshell it gives you better braking because the new caliper is 6 piston vs. the 2 of the stock PBR. The 6 piston Caliper is also much more rigid which equates to better braking.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Stupid question but seriously. What are the advantages of these calipers and rotors over the stock ones?
Also, our calipers are of the "Floating" design. All of the force comes through the pistons onto one side of the rotor. The force causes the other side of the caliper to "float" and contact the outer side. This type can also allow the outer pad to stay in contact with the outer side of the rotor. One reason why our outboard pads wear out quicker than the inboard pad does.

A 4 or 6 piston design has the caliper in a fixed position, and hydraulic force squeezes the rotor more evenly from both sides. When the pedal is released, the pistons all retract evenly (or more evenly than on a "floating caliper"). This also means that there is a bridge joining the 2 halves hydraulically. You have to bleed both halves where on a floating caliper, you only have to bleed one side of the rotor. Installation is less forgiving since you may have to shim the caliper at it's mounting point so the rotor is centered in the caliper. Not entirely necessary with a "floating caliper" design since it self levels (approximately).

Read Wilwood Tech for more info

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Not to sound crazy but for the guy that posted about rear brakes I do not see a kit for our cars.

Baer list up to 95 then jumps to 05. They do not list a rear kit for any mustang from 96-04.

Any info on this? I'd love to get a front and rear kit for my car.

Users who are viewing this thread