Baer rotors vs. Brembo??

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
Im in the market for some new front and rear rotors. Of course I know the rotor itself isnt the key to great stopping power,but you also dont want to get a super cheap rotor. I dont plan on doing any crazy track or road race events with my car,its mainly a street car. And the baer rotors are considerably cheaper than the brembo's. What would you guys recommend?

PS : I do plan on getting hawk pads,and SS brake lines.

zPipes

Established Member
yea, i wanted to get a new braking system too, upgraded rotors, pads/calipers.. then, my friend, i realized it would be about 2 grand. hence auto zone is gonna be seeing me for some pads this weekend. but im with this guy, if anyone has less expensive options, please post

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
yea, i wanted to get a new braking system too, upgraded rotors, pads/calipers.. then, my friend, i realized it would be about 2 grand. hence auto zone is gonna be seeing me for some pads this weekend. but im with this guy, if anyone has less expensive options, please post

Yep,I wanted to do the 2000 R setup on my car,with the 4 piston calipers,brembo rotors,etc. but I realized it would be overkill for what im trying to accomplish. So now I just want to change the rotors,pads,and lines.

2001asp

Established Member
Boostlag, Try the rotors from www.stangsuspension.com. They have a cross drilled, slotted, zinc coated and their are made with really excellent material. No more rust... they were very cheap to boot. check it out. I have them on my 01 w/ the ceramic pads.

2001asp

Established Member
So what do you think? You gonna pick a set up. If you want to see them on my ride name the place and time. Oh,,,my pads are made by HAWK.......not to be confused with Mike hawk........:eek::bash: Don't forget to tell them your military......

Last edited:

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
So what do you think? You gonna pick a set up. If you want to see them on my ride name the place and time. Oh,,,my pads are made by HAWK.......not to be confused with Mike hawk........:eek::bash: Don't forget to tell them your military......

They look good to me. I know they arent brembo or some high end rotor,but im pretty sure they will be fine for what im trying to do. Thanks for the reference. What kind of hawk pads do you have? the hps,or the others?

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
WIL-BR-1.gif

$598

Last edited:

omj

Established Member
If you can lock up your brakes, you don't need better brakes, you need better tires.

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
I've killed both Baer and Powerslots on my car (and under 100 miles on all of them) while Brembo seems to last...

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
If you can lock up your brakes, you don't need better brakes, you need better tires.

Thanks for the lesson on physics,but my tires are fine. I never came in here and stated that my brakes were bad,I simply said I wanted to upgrade them.:shrug: And the last time I checked my pads,they were shot,so why not replace everything at once??

I've killed both Baer and Powerslots on my car (and under 100 miles on all of them) while Brembo seems to last...

I believe you are the individual that does a lot of track/road racing as well. If you read the description of all of those companies (including brembo)..they clearly state that their rotors are NOT intended and should NOT be used for track/road race use. I never plan on putting my car in any event other than a 1/4 mile track,so I believe I should be good.

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member

I have 2 sets of baer brakes right now on 2 cars and have had them in the past as well. They call for 250 miles worth of heat cycling and seating before they are put into duty use. So if your killing them in under 100 miles all I can say is....your doing it wrong!!! LOL

these are the rotors I run on the cobra, Baer EradiSpeed-Plus
http://www.streetortrack.com/EradiSpeed-Plus-FRONT-Rotors-for-1993-2004-Cobra-2261002-pr-17520.html
I also run them on my 67 chevelle with cobra front calipers and vette rear calipers

this is just a link i found for a pic and des. of them. I paid like $600 shipped for the 2 piece front and rear set for the cobra from AMP performance. I've put 25k miles on them so far and they look like I put them on yesterday still.

Last edited:

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
I have 2 sets of baer brakes right now on 2 cars and have had them in the past as well. They call for 250 miles worth of heat cycling and seating before they are put into duty use. So if your killing them in under 100 miles all I can say is....your doing it wrong!!! LOL

these are the rotors I run on the cobra, Baer EradiSpeed-Plus
http://www.streetortrack.com/EradiSpeed-Plus-FRONT-Rotors-for-1993-2004-Cobra-2261002-pr-17520.html
I also run them on my 67 chevelle with cobra front calipers and vette rear calipers

this is just a link i found for a pic and des. of them. I paid like $600 shipped for the 2 piece front and rear set for the cobra from AMP performance. I've put 25k miles on them so far and they look like I put them on yesterday still.

Now those I can believe in.

Users who are viewing this thread