Bama Race/FRPP tune question

Funny5.0

Established Member
If I were to originally have the Bama race tune(or other aftermarket tune) then have the FRPP (Procal) tune installed is there any way the dealer to know I ever had the Bama tune or other?

Before you answer, I understand they can tell how many times it's been flashed and if there has been a tune present Ford Racing or other. But can they differentiate?

01bluesnake

Established Member
All PCM cal flash's use their own ID, and they can tell if it was through the FRPP or a another device as each has a unique calibration number

Last edited:

Funny5.0

Established Member
So they could tell if we used an SCT then switched and used a FRPP tuner?

Exactly what I'm asking...

I started this thread hoping someone would answer whether they can or cannot with an intelligent detailed explanation, not just I doubt it, I think they can, chances are good...

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Exactly what I'm asking...

I started this thread hoping someone would answer whether they can or cannot with an intelligent detailed explanation, not just I doubt it, I think they can, chances are good...

The answer is yes, they can review if it was a Ford reflash or an aftermarket device that performed the flash. All of Fords updates can be referenced to a correction in the file strategy whereas any aftermarket unit will give a reference to the brand and tune file the pcm strategy was changed with.

Users who are viewing this thread