BAMA tune dyno tested!

FiveSlow

Established Member
If you have a bama tune I pormise that it is way more than 15 degrees..you would make crap hp at 15 degrees without boost.

About 10psi to be exact. Maybe a little less. Want to race? Insert the popcorn eating guy here. I just have issues with people who can't read sometimes. It's tuff when your on a thread and you post a generalized 'idiot' statement clearly not directed towards any one person, just a group of said people in thread..then you have people jump all over said poster because they can't read or understand when quotes are/not used. Oh well, that's forums for you! I actually posted in here because it smells of troll. Mostly bama hate. Some good data though in bits. Is the op a troll or what?! :dw:

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
Your tune is far safer than most for whatever reason. How recent was it tuned by them out of curiosity?

My personal car was at .90 Lamda, 31 degrees, 4.99 knock IIRC

Btw please post back. I'm sure you will love your new tune!
well when I bought the car in 2011 I used them and during the height of the #8 failure, I sold the tuner and cai, but the car made crazy power compared to the latest tune, that I got atuner again right after they implemented the #8 warranty after their #8 warranty, they nuetered their tunes so they didnt get killed with warranty claims imo. yeah I absolutely will update on the AED tune

I disagree, maybe the person who setup your tune limited it to 24-25 but mine was commanding 29 degrees at 7krpm and my afr was 1.04...far from safe...also I forgot to add the timing was less before my O/R X
Idk man, but that is crazy unsafe in your case

Last edited:

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
well when I bought the car in 2011 I used them and during the height of the #8 failure, I sold the tuner and cai, but the car made crazy power compared to the latest tune, that I got after their #8 warranty, they nuetered their tunes so they didnt get killed with warranty claims imo. yeah I absolutely will update on the AED tune

Idk man, but that is crazy unsafe in your case

from what I have read back in 11 Mike Wilson was doing their tuning, and their tunes were different then. Now they are seriously unsafe in many cases as mine shows.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
2 Bama tuned cars in DFW were logged earlier this year and both had similar results to the 28-30° of timing, and KS pulling timing as well.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
Untitled (800x426).jpg

Attachments

• Untitled (640x341).jpg
    Untitled (640x341).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
for some reason mine were adding timing...maybe my motor has a chemical imbalance and is a cutter..

Maybe you were reading it incorrectly. Not sure.

However for people's future reference.

(-) Negative is adding timing
(+) Positive is removing

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
Maybe you were reading it incorrectly. Not sure.

However for people's future reference.

(-) Negative is adding timing
(+) Positive is removing

yea at 7k with 29.5 degrees my sensors added .51 degrees i.e at 7k rpm knock sensors showed -0.51

PSIHouston

PSIHouston
Established Member
I have similar numbers with my Bama tune, 410rwhp and 388ftlbs of torque with Steeda intake. Those numbers were done without the 93 octane selected. I've since reloaded the tune with the 93 octane and noticed a significant difference in how it drives. I agree that it is VERY twitchy when trying to drive slowly in 1st & 2nd. I've had zero knocking issues and have no intention of adding more hp as I'm very pleased with that part of the car. Moving forward I want to stiffen the rear end and remove weight from the drive train.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
my bama tune is 28 degrees of timing

find a new tuner

I have similar numbers with my Bama tune, 410rwhp and 388ftlbs of torque with Steeda intake. Those numbers were done without the 93 octane selected. I've since reloaded the tune with the 93 octane and noticed a significant difference in how it drives. I agree that it is VERY twitchy when trying to drive slowly in 1st & 2nd. I've had zero knocking issues and have no intention of adding more hp as I'm very pleased with that part of the car. Moving forward I want to stiffen the rear end and remove weight from the drive train.

im glad you are pleased with the output but I suggest that you find a new tuner. my car made decent power with unsafe levels of timing and gaps in the power band. I got a new tuner and its making more power with less timing. plus the shifts are right on.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Mind posting a datalog?

PSIHouston

PSIHouston
Established Member
Next time I update the tune which I do whenever I take it in for an oil change I'll try to remember pull it.

clinton2003

Established Member
Shaun @AED was pulling 30*timing on 91 with me... 35 with e85. As long as there is no nocking or detonation. You're fine.

Shaun@AED

Shaun @AED was pulling 30*timing on 91 with me... 35 with e85. As long as there is no nocking or detonation. You're fine.

That was due to your altitude and lower load values.
I set the tunes for 26.5 peak and allow the knock sensors to add up to 3 degrees at high RPM. That would be 29.5 *IF* the knock sensors are allowing it. E85 I limit to 32 degrees peak. Your E85 log showed 34, so I removed 2 degrees, even though the knock sensors wanted to add due to your altitude / fuel.

Last edited:

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
That was due to your altitude and lower load values.
I set the tunes for 26.5 peak and allow the knock sensors to add up to 3 degrees at high RPM. That would be 29.5 *IF* the knock sensors are allowing it. E85 I limit to 32 degrees peak. Your E85 log showed 34, so I removed 2 degrees, even though the knock sensors wanted to add due to your altitude / fuel.

so sayeth the Shepherd. this thread can be closed now

Users who are viewing this thread