Bama tune problems AED to the rescue.

Otroo

Established Member
Well I was having problems passing my emmisions test. The previous owner had pulled the cats off but left them in the trunk so after failing the visual I had them installed but the o2 sensor and heater showed incomplete on the test so I failed. I could not reflash back to stock due to someone walking off with my tuner. Well I figured I would order the tuner from American Muscle and get the Bama tunes for life cause I figured it was the same price tuner with tune or without tunes. I requested an emmisions tune with all the sensors turned on. Well after countless drive cycles and about 1800 miles I could still not get the rear o2 sensors or heat to show up. I emailed Bama on their contact us page and after a week I never heard from them.
Well I emailed Shaun from @AED and he got back to me the next morning and had me do a few datalogs and he sent me a revised tune it took around 53 mile to get all monitors up and going except for the catalyst monitor which I completed this morning taking my kid to school. I also passed my emissions test this morning with only a week left to do it. The car honestly runs the best she ever has even with the cats off I do miss the sound but the next time they will be off is when I do headers and who knows when that will be.

I would like to thank Shaun @AED for his patience with working with me as I am not the most computer savy person.

I would honestly recommend Shaun to anyone looking for a nice drivable tune.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I don't want to bash. but I don't recommend BAMA to anyone unless maybe your 100% stock and just want a tune. After that...go else where.

glad he got you straight and pass the emissions.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I had Bama for a whopping 600 miles or so when I first installed my cobra jet manifold. Still can't understand why they think datalogging is not a necessity. Wouldn't trust them to tune my radio now.

imeyers302

Established Member
I didn't know that bama was even still a thing. AED, Lund, VMP etc ftw.

Don't know why people would use anyone else for their email tunes. Those 3 know what they are doing. Had similar problem with emissions monitor rediness. Lund got it taken care of quick and monitors are reset and ready to go.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I bought the X4 programmer from AM with lifetime tune thru VMP for my '14 GT. The first tune from VMP had the fans constantly running but after emailing VMP, they sent me a revision that runs the fans on and off just like the factory tune. The car runs very good and I am happy with the tune.

SeaFoam

Established Member
I had a Bama tune when the car was stock, then I went long tubes, CAI and Boss intake. Decided to get an E-85 tune from AED and thank God I did. I only ran the Bama tune for those parts for maybe 150 miles - when I was data logging for Shaun there was knock everywhere on the Bama. The first tune (and subsequent tunes) from Shaun have no knock at all and the car pulls like hell.

Users who are viewing this thread