BAMA vs SCT and dyny?

clbailey

Established Member
I have a diablo sport tune already on the Cobra, and hate it... alot. I live in GA and about 2 hours from Kurgen Motorsports where I can get all the good dyno tunes I want. I think this may be a dumb question but what would you prefer? Email tunes or live dyno with a very experienced tuner? Car will never have f/i, which is why I'm in a slight dilemma.

clbailey

Established Member
Ive got long tube headers and a new mid pipe and gears waiting to install when I get back from Afghanistan. Think im gonna ditch the JLT gen 1 CAI for a gen 2 RAI so I can actually drive in rain. I want to delete the EGR, do SCT tuners still alow for turning it off to pass emissions?

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you know how to datalog an email tune can be just as good as a dyno tune. Some day they're better because the car is actually loaded in a real world situation.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Kurgen used to tune up by me, then him and Tim Barth pretty much traded places. As far as i know he is untouchable for tuning by far top notch, his tune and info is perfection. id recommend him for sure

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
I ran the Bama tune on my 99 Cobra with basic mods and it ran like a champ. They were always a call or email away to update the tune when I changed something for free. Where I'm at in Cali one time on the dyno being tuned was double the cost and wanted to charge me every time i did little changes.

Users who are viewing this thread