**** Banking!!!

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
I work at a bank. My boss is cool. My boss's boss is a frigging douch. Can't stand the bastard.

Basically, we are a brand new branch. Not a whole lot of business because this bank does not advertise, I mean NONE. They rely on bankers like me to get out of the office and generate sales. Which is fine...but don't expect it to happen over night.

So when I do get an account, I am in charge of everything. I mean everything. If they want Merchant Card Services (the little machine), I have to go out and set it up. If they want Remote Image Deposit, I have to go out and set it up. If I want checks ordered, I have to go out and order them. I shit you not this is the most hands on bank ever. Which is fine...but don't expect me to dedicate ALL my time to generating new business when generating new business creates more work that can only be done by me. Get it?

So, we have sweep accounts. If a customer is busy enough and has enough money, we can set an up an account to earn two seperate interests. One to offset any service fees and the other to be generated as revenue for the business. For example, if customer opens this type of account for $1.2 Million dollars, and the interest earned from $0 to $60,000 is used to pay fees for operating the account, etc and the interest from $60,001 to $1.2 Million dollars gets credited to the customer, every single day, automatically and the bank gets a service fee for managing it for them, the branch only gets credited for bringing in $60,000. Does that make a ****ing bit of sense? Considering this program that the customer is paying for is earning interest in a Goldman Sachs investment fund and the BANK is not paying a dime in interest to the customer! You would think we would get TONS of appreciation. Nope. Nada. All that work on my part and I can't even put a dent in my goals for the month.

Our interest rates for Money Markets and CDs are averaging between 1.0% - 1.5% BELOW the competition. My personality can only go so frigging far, right? Yeah, you can call me day or night and speak to me instead of an Indian 16 hours away, but you won't earn a damn dime in interest. I will visit your office but we are going to earn you 1.5% LESS than market on your CD because I got in my car to see you.

No one knows what is the correct policy because we have too many Cheifs in this tribe. Everyone thinks they are right. People we are supposed to look up to give us unreliable information at best.

Ooooh, on top of that! My manager's manager wants me to write down EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY what my activities are. And if its servicing the new customer I brought in, it doesn't matter to him. So its like working in a gestapo state.

Folks, I have a bachelor's degree in Business. I am very well educated and not an idiot, but I realize that what is in front of me is absolutely worthless. I am out as soon as I see another opportunity.

For what its worth, the bank is wonderful on the consumer side, but it is SHIT to work for. Everything takes an act of God to get anything done too. Hell, I almost had to contact the CEO to get an approval for Merchant Card Services. I am not even an assistant branch manager!

Users who are viewing this thread