Banner and MACA Logo Graphic files are here

Homebrew

Established Member
Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the graphic files from the designer for the banner. I apologize for the delay, I feel bad about not getting these sooner. I appearantly misunderstood about the files a little though. Only the MACA logo file is in vector format. The banner itself was done in Quark. He gave me a PDF version of the banner, but if anyone is interested in the Quark file, I'll see about getting that from him. The MACA logo file is an .eps file. It can be opened in photoshop, but will then be rasterized. My question now is this. Is anyone gonna be in charge of these files so to speak? If they're going to be publicly available, then I'll just post a link to the files here. The link would only be temporary. The files are much smaller file size wise than I thought they'd be, so it's no problem emailing the files either. However if we don't want these just out there for everyone, I need to know who to hand the files off to. Again I apologize for taking so long with this, I know some people showed interest in getting smaller banners done for their garage, so I apologize to anyone that was anxious to do so. As soon as I hear something about the files, I'll hand them off or post a link.

-Kevin

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I don't think there should be any problem with making the file available to the public Kevin. Hopefully the MACA folks will take advantage of your hard work and use it for banners, etc. You can post the file up here if you like and then I can move it to one of Sean's stickied threads so it will be more readily available.

If it's only temporary, how long do you anticipate it being available?

Homebrew

Established Member

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Kevin - I downloaded GhostView to try to open up the .ps MACA logo file that you shared with us and I can not get it to open. It complains about something along the lines of "corrupted" file.

Any ideas?

The .pdf file is perfectly fine and you can enlarge it to any size and it doesn't loose quality or get pixelated, which is AWESOME!!

Homebrew

Established Member
I'm not sure what the deal is there. As soon as I get home, I'll download it from my link and from yours and test in photoshop. I know I was able to open it in photoshop before I uploaded, so maybe something happened along the way. I'll check it when I get hope this evening.

-Kevin

Homebrew

Established Member
I know that doesn't do much for the ghostview problem, but first thing is first, lets check to see if the file is corrupted or if it's a ghostview issue. I take it your a linux user, what flavor?

Edit: I just noticed you referred to it as an .ps file. Its actually supposed to be a .eps file. If you look at my original link the extension is .eps not .ps. Your link refers to it as .ps. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I'm not an expert on graphic file types. That may or may not have something to do with it.

-Kevin

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Interesting. If I right-click, save as on your original link, the file is saved, but saved as a .ps file...

For the record, I am using WinXP. GhostView works on Windows.

Sounds like we've got to figure out a way to get that .eps file elsewhere. I will shoot you a PM later on.

Homebrew

Established Member
I was able to open the .ps file from your link in photoshop, so i'm thinking that ghostview might not support .eps files. I was able to open the original files I got from the designer, the file on my link, and the file on your link, all successfully in photoshop. So the only thing I can figure is that it's a ghostview issue.

FYI for anyone that doesn't know, to take full advantage of the vector artwork, you need vector software such as adobe illustrator. Though it opens in photoshop, it will be rasterized, which won't scale as cleanly as vector. Not to say it won't serve most people well after being rasterized, but if you want something huge, running it through photoshop or an equivlent won't cut it.

-Kevin

Homebrew

Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Kevin - Check your PMs :beer:
Done Deal. They've been uploaded to the ftp server. Here are the links:

http://www.maca-online.com/uploads/homebrew/cobra_banner.pdf

http://www.maca-online.com/uploads/homebrew/cobra_logo_red.eps

I uploaded this while at work and noticed when I try to download the .eps file, it tries to save as a .ps file. At first my theory was because I didn't have photoshop on this computer, it was trying to save it as a different file. However here's what I discovered. If you try to download it in explorer, it tries to save as a .ps file. In firefox however, it saves correctly as a .eps. Thats why it worked for me at home. At home I use firefox. I would suggest trying to rename it .eps and then try to open it to see what happens.

-Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread