Banner Ford Car Show 8am-4pm - Covington, Louisiana

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Who all is planning on going??? Post up and if you're interested in meeting up before or going out after let me know.

I'm new to the area so I'll let someone else pick the place, sucks I don't have the Cobra here:(

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Who all is planning on going??? Post up and if you're interested in meeting up before or going out after let me know.

I'm new to the area so I'll let someone else pick the place, sucks I don't have the Cobra here:(

I plan on going. Like you said in other thread we need to get a group togther and cruise there. Maybe causing a little trouble along the way. :shrug::-D

RyansQuick6

HIV Negative since 1980!!
Established Member
I think I may head down there, but I'm gonna try to steal Brad's Termi, he's getting his wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow, so I doubt he'll be down for the trip.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
thanks Lawman, some really cool rides there...no matter the make. I can appreciate any car that the owner has done the work to keep it clean and made it his own. I talked to the guy who owned the Eleanor Shelby....really cool guy and great to talk to.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
thanks Lawman, some really cool rides there...no matter the make. I can appreciate any car that the owner has done the work to keep it clean and made it his own. I talked to the guy who owned the Eleanor Shelby....really cool guy and great to talk to.

+1 on that. They also had a huge car show in madisonville-on the river at the same time.

That Eleanor was sweet. But for 150k I would rather have that Ford GT in the show room. Except that one has been damaged. :nonono:

I saw your car parked on the side of the road as I was leaving. Maybe we can meet up next time.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
+1 on that. They also had a huge car show in madisonville-on the river at the same time.

That Eleanor was sweet. But for 150k I would rather have that Ford GT in the show room. Except that one has been damaged. :nonono:

I saw your car parked on the side of the road as I was leaving. Maybe we can meet up next time.
the FGT was damaged!?!?!? The engine bay looked filthy, and for someone who has detailed and spent a good deal of time around my buddy's FGT, I would not pay 150K for that black one

I saw your Shelby.....nice rims man. Your Shelby sounded sweet, why didn't you enter the show??

Lawman

Established Member
Eleanor was a sweet looking ride, but for $150K, it "a lot o bit" out of my league. And yes, The GT on the showroom floor was damaged, however, according to the shop guy, it was only backed into, and the front cap was replaced. They're asking $130K for it.

Congrats to the guy with the black '72 Torino for winnng best of show.
His car was just awesome.

I'm glad ya'll enjoyed our show. Hopefully, we will put on another one this fall.

RyansQuick6

Established Member
I didn't really like the idea that the awards came down to who purchased more car. Most of the cars looked like the didn't have the owner's involvement other than pointing and writing a check.

Brad and I didn't get there until around 12:30. I love that the only Dodge won best in class, a stock challenger. I just can't ever get used to the "older" crowd at some shows, they just find interest in things completely different than what I or the people I hang out with do. Different strokes I guess

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
the FGT was damaged!?!?!? The engine bay looked filthy, and for someone who has detailed and spent a good deal of time around my buddy's FGT, I would not pay 150K for that black one

I saw your Shelby.....nice rims man. Your Shelby sounded sweet, why didn't you enter the show??

Yeah it was backed into while getting service at Banner. It was a lady who did it to. Supposeably the owner is a rich guy who has some kinda diease in his bones so hurts him to drive it. Suppose to die soon so selling off all his car. At least thats what the salesman Ryan told me.

I didnt want to enter and stay out there all day not to mention last time I did EVERYONE got a award. So whats the point of a car show then :shrug:.

Did everyone get one this time or just a select few?

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Eleanor was a sweet looking ride, but for $150K, it "a lot o bit" out of my league. And yes, The GT on the showroom floor was damaged, however, according to the shop guy, it was only backed into, and the front cap was replaced. They're asking $130K for it.

Congrats to the guy with the black '72 Torino for winnng best of show.
His car was just awesome.

I'm glad ya'll enjoyed our show. Hopefully, we will put on another one this fall.

Funny story about that Torino. He won Magnaflows best sound award at a car show somewhere. But didnt have magnaflows on the car. It was melotones. LOL.
But it is a sweet ride. The guy is a friend of a friend. He told me he spent alot of money doing a full frame off restoration.

I think more people would have been there had there not been another show in Madisonville. Bec last show you guys put on it overflowed into back parking lot.

Lawman

Established Member
Funny story about that Torino. He won Magnaflows best sound award at a car show somewhere. But didnt have magnaflows on the car. It was melotones. LOL.
But it is a sweet ride. The guy is a friend of a friend. He told me he spent alot of money doing a full frame off restoration.

I think more people would have been there had there not been another show in Madisonville. Bec last show you guys put on it overflowed into back parking lot.

You are right about last year. The attendance was awesome. I believe last year there was another car show at the same time, but the turnout was still great.

After walking the lot at least 5 or 6 times, I had a feeling it would be close between Eleanor and the '72 Torino.

However, there were other vehicles out there that were just as beautiful to look at. I.E. The red Z-O6, The 1982 collector edition Corvette, lots of 64/65 Mustangs, The AMC Javelin, all of the Shelby GT-500's, the AC Shelby, the list goes on and on.

What I enjoyed most about the '72 Torino, was the time and effort it must have taken to produce such a quality ride.
I met the owner at the show, and after speaking with him, I could just feel how proud he was to own such a beautiful car.

And to think that he beat out a $150K Eleanor replica really must have blown his mind.

Don't get me wrong, Eleanor was a beautiful sight to see.
I spoke with the owner also, and he was just a "fountainhead" of information.
Extremely enthusiastic about his vehicle, extremely knowledgeable about the manner in which the vehicle was built, and he took great pride in pointing out every detail, however slight, about his ride.

My hope is when my '75 Ranchero GT comes out of the paint shop, it will look as good as the '72, and Eleanor.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Lawman, I take it you belong to the local chapter of the MCOA?? Do you guys have monthly meets or anything that a non-member can tag along?? I figure I'll start enjoying this area a little more if I find people/things that I enjoyed doing back at home.

We need to plan a meet with everyone soon!!!

RyansQuick6

Established Member
What car were you in??

I'd love to have a meet/greet and cruise somewhere in June. I'll be out of town the next two weekends.

We were in Brad's Yellow Termi.

Everyone at the show got prizes, and there were more to give away, but not enough cars entered. The prizes started at "Top 75" but only 62 cars entered

Users who are viewing this thread