BAP needed

May93

Established Member
Im looking for a VMP Plug and Play for a 2007 GT500 if anyone has one for sale.

Willie

Established Member
Just an FYI just in case you don't know this. Don't know if you are dead set on VMP's but here are the differences:

VMP: It increases voltage 100 percent of the time, no options. Is this going to cause a premature death to the pumps? This model is the most rudimentary one out there, and probably the least expensive.

KB: Choice of two models: Max of 17.5v "street" model and 20v "competition" model. Must choose one or the other model. Can be turned on and off, typically with a Hobbs switch at a preset boost level. When not on, the pumps receive system voltage, typically less than 13.8 to 14.2v due to voltage loss through the lines. When turned on, voltage increase is basically instantaneous (spikes). Not sure if this is good for the pump. More expensive than the VMP.

JMS: 5 DIP switches to "program" the unit. Can be set for a max of 17v or 21v (not 20v as the KB is). Can be adjusted to whatever boost level you want the voltage increase to begin and has multiple options for triggering. Voltage increase is ramped to avoid spikes and the length of ramp can be adjusted. In addition, when the unit is not increasing voltage, i.e. turned off, the pumps do NOT get system voltage as the KB. It holds a constant 14.2 volts, even when the engine is not running and system voltage is 12v... Cost is comparable to the KB.

May93

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely have to do some more research. I don’t drive the car that often yet I don’t want to burn up the bumps either.

I think the VMP caught my eye because of the plug and play. I can splice and wire other bumps in but I like the return to stock option if someday that ever happens

Users who are viewing this thread