BAP noise?

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
I just got finished wiring up my BAP with the wiring upgrade and the fuel pumps seem louder when you turn the key on before you start the motor. Is this normal? I haven't ever seen anyone talk about it before..

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I haven't heard of this before.......Usually the only way you can even tell you have a BAP installed is through datalogging. By looking at your mods Brad, seems like your lining up your ducks for some bigger RWHP and you're probably not even pushing your fuel pump duty cycle with the 2.75? The BAP is for your future mods?

Assuming you wired it up correctly, (it's running right!), are you positive that it actually is louder or just appears to be? We got a bunch of them installed in the MACA and just haven't heard of this before.........

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
My Stage IV should be sitting on my doorstep when I get home today. I already installed the MAFia and the new tune last week. I don't know if it is louder when it is running because the blower was MIA last night. I just turned the key to the run position to make sure I didn't blow a fuse when the pumps primed. It just sounded like the pumps made a little more noise when they first started up. By the way, your BAP/wiring upgrade install helped out a lot! Oh yeah, to anyone else who turns the key on without the blower on the car, don't keep turning it on and off or else you'll be cleaning fuel out of your lower intake.... Trust me on this...

BLK04

Established Member
It happens on cold starts. Its the fuel pumps building the fuel pressure back up after the car has been sitting for a while.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
I have mine wired full time and the pumps are definitely louder on the initial startup (the key in the on position but not started) It is does not stay loud for long, but when they prime that is when they are loud.

Users who are viewing this thread