Barely took down a couple subies

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Well so much for me never doing anymore street runs haha. A group of us were heading up super stalions race meet and I ran a modded wrx and nearly stock sti. Both from 50mph. I know thats a hight mph to run from but we were on a 65mph highway.

Run 1: 07 wrx- intake, exhaust, pro tune (260awhp, 320tq)

Dead even through 3rd, pulled a car through 4th ending when I ran out of gear in 4th.

Run 2(right after 1): 07 sti- intake, stage 1 cobb tune

Pulled a car right away through 3rd, held the distance till I ran out of gear in fourth. He would have obviusly taken me eventually.

Not too much to make judgments by, but it was fun. They were both started at mid range rpms for me in 3rd though.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Yea even though they are similar., i have had pretty different results with evos and sti's.

i have yet to see a 1000awhp STi

but i have seen plenty of evo's at that mile marker

only fast STi around where i live is a guy that works at a local shop, he got a GT35R on it with meth injection and a ton of other goodies. his best so far was like a 10.42 @ 135mph or something and its his DD

Last edited:

N1TEMARE GT

Banned
Interseting. I had similar results back when I had stock gears and just a few bolt-ons in my 2V. With the 4.10's I pull away quite noticeably. I would expect a 4V to be a lot stronger.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
i have yet to see a 1000awhp STi

but i have seen plenty of evo's at the mile marker

only fast STi around where i live is a guy that works at a local shop, he got a GT35R on it with meth injection and a ton of other goodies. his best so far was like a 10.42 @ 135mph or something and its his DD

Yea there isnt a nearly stock evo within 200 miles from here it seems like.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Interseting. I had similar results back when I had stock gears and just a few bolt-ons in my 2V. With the 4.10's I pull away quite noticeably. I would expect a 4V to be a lot stronger.

You must have ran a sti with bolt ons and stock boost then. I did have a passenger weighing over 200lbs too. I was surprised how the sti ran though with just 2 more lbs of boost with the tune, from a roll anyway. Im not calling bs on u but the protune wrx put down more then u would and is considerably lighter sooo its hard to believe you...

30 mins after the runs i ran 13.3 @ 107(with only 2.1 60' laucnhing easy as to not brake my dd lol) on street tires, with 112k miles on the clock. So I dont think the performance of my car is in question lol. Its by no means real fast but I dont know if a stock geared 2v could trap 107(which you would have needed to have the same results against these subies with descent drivers) with just a few boltons. If so you have a strong 2v:beer:

Last edited:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
you must have ran a sti with bolt ons and stock boost then. I did have a passenger weighing over 200lbs too. I was surprised how the sti ran though with just 2 more lbs of boost with the tune, from a roll anyway. Im not calling bs on u but the protune wrx put down more then u would and is considerably lighter sooo its hard to believe you...

30 mins after the runs i ran 13.3 @ 107(with only 2.1 60' laucnhing easy as to not brake my dd lol) on street tires, with 112k miles on the clock. So i dont think the performance of my car is in question lol. Its by no means real fast but i dont know if a stock geared 2v could trap 107(which you would have needed to have the same results against these subies with descent drivers) with just a few boltons. If so you have a strong 2v:beer:

+1

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
damn, not available for mobile. Ill check it out tomorrow. That is a big turbo though lol

its just an all black STi with a GT40R on 29lbs with supporting mods and meth injection. in that vid he almost hit the wall on his launch lol

tones of crazy cars come out of that shop (CFT)

they have an 800rwhp S2000 that walks away from T76 cobras and T88 supras

and mid 9 sec civics that still are FWD

not to mention one of the world record holding evo's that makes 1,045awhp on boost only

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
the evos and sti's here terrorize most all camaro and stang guys....

Damn elevation and N/A motors.....

GTRdone

Established Member
I know that guy with the Sti I think. Is he the older guy that works for Disney as the master ride technician? Anywho, CFT is no joke. I remember seeing that Wolverine Mustang when I lived down the road and the guys at CFT are pretty cool. I remember when they would always bring their cars to the corner meets in downtown Orlando.

by the way, good kills OP.

Alien STI

Established Member
op is your cobra stock? if so what do you put to the wheels.? the stg1 07 sti is slower than a stock one if all he has is a intake with stg1 flash....

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Nice runs man. Back when my buddy's STI was near stock I could pull him about half a car with both of us driving the shit out of our cars. Now he has TBE and a stage 2 tune and its not even close. They are awesome bolt on cars, where as I think the evos can handle a decent bit more horsepower, but I feel like they break alot too (lol I guess thats what happens when you decide to make cars because you thought you were good at making television sets).

Alien STI

Established Member
Nice runs man. Back when my buddy's STI was near stock I could pull him about half a car with both of us driving the shit out of our cars. Now he has TBE and a stage 2 tune and its not even close. They are awesome bolt on cars, where as I think the evos can handle a decent bit more horsepower, but I feel like they break alot too (lol I guess thats what happens when you decide to make cars because you thought you were good at making television sets).

lmao i might use that.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
I know that guy with the Sti I think. Is he the older guy that works for Disney as the master ride technician? Anywho, CFT is no joke. I remember seeing that Wolverine Mustang when I lived down the road and the guys at CFT are pretty cool. I remember when they would always bring their cars to the corner meets in downtown Orlando.

by the way, good kills OP.

you lived in orlando? were you the one that had one of the worlds 1st 10 sec R35's at bithlo?

03snakeminated

Established Member
its just an all black STi with a GT40R on 29lbs with supporting mods and meth injection. in that vid he almost hit the wall on his launch lol

tones of crazy cars come out of that shop (CFT)

they have an 800rwhp S2000 that walks away from T76 cobras and T88 supras

and mid 9 sec civics that still are FWD

not to mention one of the world record holding evo's that makes 1,045awhp on boost only
does that s2000 happens to have a 2jz motor in it? cause I know a dude from mia that has a 800+rwhp s2000 and that thing scoots the f out [not that any 800hp car won't haul the mail but those s2k don't weight sh.t

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread